Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real silence at Apolyton the next days?

I wonder if there is going to be a real silence here at the forum the next days; then I will take that as a positive sign as I guess it is because all the members (US only) are sitting and playing the game so they don´t have any time to check the forums or even post any new threads... I want my Limited Edition Tin now!
    "Beware of the English Empire; the English people are
    going to rule the world again in "CIVILIZATION III""

I would expect a slight 'lull' in the attendance at this particular forum for the first two days.

No- maybe not. We probably will a lot of people posting their opinions and strategies during the initial outbreak phase, which should more than make up for the CIV hermits that crawl into their computer dens.

Comment

I predict an unseen amount of whining, complaining, spamming and trolling by Pro/Anti-Apolyton fanboys and Pro/Anti-Apolyton "naysayers" ("you made me buy Civ3, Markos, you said it was good... I hate you!!!") etc, which will cause a black hole that will suck up the internet and... uhh maybe I should get back to sleep...
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Originally posted by Assur
        ("you made me buy Civ3, Markos, you said it was good... I hate you!!!")
        hey, since we dont have an apolyton review yet, i've never said that civ3 is good
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I predict an unseen amount of whining, complaining, spamming and trolling by Pro/Anti-Apolyton fanboys and Pro/Anti-Apolyton "naysayers" ("you made me buy Civ3, Markos, you said it was good... I hate you!!!") etc, which will cause a black hole that will suck up the internet and... uhh maybe I should get back to sleep...
          i predict incredible whining. also, infinite number of posts arguing that civ2 graphics were better or that the ' ICS on'option should have been included in the editor

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            hey, since we dont have an apolyton review yet, i've never said that civ3 is good
            Well, you gave me the impression CTP2 was good by saying the bad reviews were "biased against all TBS, not just CTP2" and that the reviewers were RTS fans and then I bought it
            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Well, you gave me the impression CTP2 was good by saying the bad reviews were "biased against all TBS, not just CTP2" and that the reviewers were RTS fans and then I bought it
              actually, ctp2 had mixed reviews, and certainly better than ctp1...
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Besides what Assur said, I predict there will be quite a bit of activity, mainly from those wanting to share their "new" discoveries to the world (but alas, they will be 1) not new and 2) redundant).

But as much as I love discussing strategy, I will probably hold off on participating in the Civ3-Strategy for a bit and instead, will keep a close eye on Civ3-Creation. I expect to have new mountain or at least a copy/paste from Civ2 by Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  In Apolyton we trust.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I hope so, the forums been getting really busy. It takes several tries to enter a thread
                    A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Hey I expect that there will be an influx of inferior Europeans posting asking for and making alot of requests for info and screenshots on the game while the superior Americans and inferior Canadians will be playing CivIII and forget about the exsistence of Apolyton.

Comment

Well, I'll be checking Apolyton from work for the next few days, won't post from there though, they get real mad at that.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

Originally posted by jadlakha
                          Hey I expect that there will be an influx of inferior Europeans posting asking for and making alot of requests for info and screenshots on the game while the superior Americans and inferior Canadians will be playing CivIII and forget about the exsistence of Apolyton.
                          ROFLOL.

You said it!

Americans sure are superior aren't they

( not sure if the double meaning exists across the atlantic but here superior means self-righteous and arrogant )
                          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Evidently it means the same thing on this side too.
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

OK, so far no silence...
                              "Beware of the English Empire; the English people are
                              going to rule the world again in "CIVILIZATION III""

Comment

Working...
                              X