Keep your Test of Time CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep your Test of Time CD

...even after Civ3 is released. I predict it will become a cult classic. It's full potential has yet to be realized.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Of course I will keep mine! But I won't ever play it again, except for nostalgia purposes.

::expecting the thread move, right.. about....::

Comment

Keep it? You bet!

I still have CIVNET, CIV2MGE, CIV2TOT, SMAC, and SMAC/Crossfire.

Comment

"Hi, I'm Wittlich. I'm an industry whore and seeminly proud of it"
        A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

* Looks fondly at her copies of Dune, Ishar and Perfect General *
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
          Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

What's so good about ToT?

(I only have Civ2 classic)
            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Looks fondly at her copies of Dune, Ishar and Perfect General
              Perfect General? You mean the old DOS game? Ohh yes I loved that too - unfortunately I only had it on 8 1.44" disks - and one of those is gone forever now.

I specially loved this change of LOS, depending of where you were. Gave really good chances for ambushes.
              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

looking for perfect general? it's abandonware for quite some time. check http://www.theunderdogs.org/ for d/l

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                  Perfect General? You mean the old DOS game? Ohh yes I loved that too - unfortunately I only had it on 8 1.44" disks - and one of those is gone forever now.

I specially loved this change of LOS, depending of where you were. Gave really good chances for ambushes.
                  Perfect General II (1995) was even better, and it came on CD-ROM. You might still be able to find a copy somewhere.
                  A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                  Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Keep your [****] CD

Originally posted by techumseh
                    ...even after Civ3 is released. I predict it will become a classic. It's full potential has yet to be realized.
                    What other game does that describe
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

[Looks at rack holding PC Game boxes, pondering the money and time wasted on the great majority of them, despite being carefully chosen at the time.]

[Looks at shady cardboard boxes full of CD's, and old 100+ diskette holder, mysteriously containing only good titles worth keeping, thinking about all the joys to be had for the 'value' described in that saying about the sun rising.]

Hmmmm. Maybe this totally fabricated post is solely due to the International Shipping debacle. Maybe.

Comment

Re: Keep your [****] CD

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

What other game does that describe

Ben, you crack me up!!!
                        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I'll keep mine. And does anyone know where I can get a copy of the orginial Civ Game?
                          Battles are won and lost, long before the first round is fired, by logisticians. Amateurs study tactics, generals study logistics.
                          - Erwin Rommel

Comment

The graphics in ToT were so muddy and appalling I barely played the game. If it vanished tomorrow I would not lose any sleep. However my copy of Civ 1 still sits nestled in the cupboard despite the 5.25" disks being totally redundant, purely because I cannot bear to throw away such a beautiful game.
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Personally I liked the graphics in ToT. The unit updates are also pretty good and I like the way they are animated now. ToT will definately stay on my harddrive for a while even when Civ3 is installed.
                              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
                              X