Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I Needed To Hear...

"bombers based on carriers to provide support for marines ..."

FINALLY!! After only ten years the AI can use carriers!!
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Please forgive my cynicism, but after Civ1, Civ2, SMAC, CTP, and CTP2 - I'll have to see this before I believe it.
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

trust in soren.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
        trust in soren.
        Why? I'll trust after I see his work.

And UberKrux, you forgot -
        "In MP, human players use carriers" or some such. Have you resolved your issues now?
        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

nah, im just filling out college applications and i'm a little busy. thanks for reminding me.

i never met a human that couldn't use a damn carrier.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

nah, im just filling out college applications and i'm a little busy. thanks for reminding me.

You're filling out college apps? You mean you're in high school, and you're already this jaded? Scary.
            Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

I feel for you Uber.. I've been busting my ass over college apps/essays for the last week so they don't cut into my preciouse CivIII time.

Comment

Ha...college essays...Ha!

I lucked out, my college didn't require any essay, though I think that changed recently. The benefits of going to engineering schools, communication beyond scientific equations is unneccesary until at least junior year.

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                  Ha...college essays...Ha!

I lucked out, my college didn't require any essay, though I think that changed recently. The benefits of going to engineering schools, communication beyond scientific equations is unneccesary until at least junior year.
                  Unfortunately for me the UC system feels essays are VERY important. I don't believe Cal States require them though.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJH
                    Unfortunately for me the UC system feels essays are VERY important. I don't believe Cal States require them though.
                    Every school I looked at wanted essays, except for the Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Luckily that was my first choice school. I appllied early (not early admission) and got accepted Friday, Oct. 13. Lucked out, my mom was really getting on my case about essays I had to write that weekend. Didn't have to after that letter. So I ended up only applying to one school, didn't have to write any essays

Comment

Every school I looked at wanted essays, except for the Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Luckily that was my first choice school. I appllied early (not early admission) and got accepted Friday, Oct. 13. Lucked out, my mom was really getting on my case about essays I had to write that weekend. Didn't have to after that letter. So I ended up only applying to one school, didn't have to write any essays
                      You have no idea how much I envy you. I'm applying to nine schools in California and Nevada (Las Vegas ) and only have 4 applications done so far... I should be done in about a week though, then it's Civ mania for me.

Comment

[SIZE=1] The benefits of going to engineering schools, communication beyond scientific equations is unneccesary until at least junior year.
                        Amen that the trick. I know, am an engineering student, and i enter without doing anything, exept the prerequise of my program
                        War is the common base of civilisation. Without war we are canadian

Comment

Yeah, but engineers don't have to work hard at applications like the liberal arts students do...but the liberal arts students don't have to work hard at school like the engineers do. Somewhere along the line I think we go the short end of that deal

Comment

Hi, I'm Duncan. I suck.
                            A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

...but the liberal arts students don't have to work hard at school like the engineers do. Somewhere along the line I think we go the short end of that deal
                              You're not kidding. One of my old roommates was a EE. Just watching him do those 4 hr. math problems made my brain hurt.
                              I feel for you guys.
                              "Yo! Stop your grinnin’ and drop your linen" - Hudson, 'Aliens'

"Well ramblers, lets get ramblin'" - Joe, 'Reservoir Dogs'

Comment

Working...
                              X