No announcement yet.

Why do paratroopers rubber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errr...I know you don't need an elephant resource to build war elephants or silk for paratroopers...however, since I think it would be better this way, this is something I intend to change with the editors. I was not wondering whether there was an 'elephant' resource - I know there isn't. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my post.

And I still think many other people will do lots and lots of modding and tweaking to fine tune Civ3 for their personal tastes, just as I intend to do.

As for the Indians...I don't know. Maybe create a common elephant unit, and tweak the Indian UU a bit. As for spawning in an elephant-free region, tough luck. Many UUs need resources to build. Besides, I've been considering making the Ghurka the Indian UU...tough, fearless and inexpensive...gotta do some research.

Comment

Originally posted by Faboba
      Elephants aren't made out of Ivory though, it's the other way round
      True, but where there is one there is often the other.
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

The wonderful thing about tiggers, is that tiggers are wonderful things. There tops are made out of rubber, and their bottoms are made out of springs.

Comment

Originally posted by squid
          The wonderful thing about tiggers, is that tiggers are wonderful things. There tops are made out of rubber, and their bottoms are made out of springs.
          I think you'll find that

a) their heads are made out of rubber and their tails are made out of springs

and

b) A. A Milne + E. H. Shepard are far superior to Disney
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by squid

My vote goes with the fact that the paratroopers need planes to get drop from, and the planes need rubber and oil. What i dont understand is that suddenly, these paratroopers guns dont require saltpeter... Exactly how do they propel their bullets??
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Maybe they use rubber bullets...

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
                Maybe they use rubber bullets...
                Soldier: FREEZE!!! Or we will bruise you to death!!
                Civilian: **** you!!
                Soldier: Thats it, take this! *opens fire*
                Civilian: Ouch, ow, ow ow ow, hey, stop that...

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus
                  After paratroopiong behind enemy lines, they seek out foreign concubines. Hence, the need for rubbers.
                  Damn!!!! I wanted to post this!!
                  "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                  "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

My vote goes with the fact that the paratroopers need planes to get drop from, and the planes need rubber and oil. What i dont understand is that suddenly, these paratroopers guns dont require saltpeter... Exactly how do they propel their bullets??
                    paratrooper guns probably use whatever modern bullet propellants are made out of. Maybe some keen gun nut can enlighten us

Comment

Originally posted by Rakki
                      paratrooper guns probably use whatever modern bullet propellants are made out of. Maybe some keen gun nut can enlighten us
                      Actually, this would interest me too, since I doubt guns use the same gunpowder nowadays as hundreds of years ago.
                      Rome rules

Comment

Working...
                      X