How many players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many players

How many civilizations may play in one game?I´ve heard 16, but im not sure. Someone?

16 for sure, now lets close this thread...

Comment

I believe you can have 8 Civilizations in a non-edited game, but by using the Editor, this number can be increased up to 16.

Comment

I think there are 16 civs per game on a huge map, 8 on a medium map and stuff like that... so it depends on the map size, or at least the standard amount depends on the map size.... so you don't have to use the editor to play with all 16 civs

Comment

I've read that will be a maximum of 7 civs plus your no matter the size of map.
          Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

The default world sizes in Civilization III are as follows:

Tiny World: 60x60 4 Civs
            Small World: 80x80 6 Civs
            Standard World: 100x100 8 Civs
            Large World: 140x140 12 Civs
            Huge World: 180x180 16 Civs

You can use the included editor to alter these world sizes, with the ability to create maps up to 256 x 256 in size.

From 09/28/01 Ask the Civ Team

Comment

All you people who think the limit is 8 should really keep up with what's going on. Guess you still think MP is included, too, huh?

It is most definitely as Shum describes above, no editor required unless you want to alter the defaults.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I read some time ago that you CAN have 16 civs, but some screens won't support it i.e the Diplomacy screen only allows room for 7 or 8
                "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks & stones". Albert Einstein
                "To Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"- Homer Simpson

Comment

A max of 8 can be supported on the diplomacy screen. Hopefuly Firaxis will fix this with a future patch.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Col Bigspear
                    I read some time ago that you CAN have 16 civs, but some screens won't support it i.e the Diplomacy screen only allows room for 7 or 8
                    It does only show 8 at a time but by holding shift and right-clicking or something like that on one of the spots you can change that spot to show another leader.

Comment

Originally posted by shum00
                      The default world sizes in Civilization III are as follows:

Tiny World: 60x60 4 Civs
                      Small World: 80x80 6 Civs
                      Standard World: 100x100 8 Civs
                      Large World: 140x140 12 Civs
                      Huge World: 180x180 16 Civs

You can use the included editor to alter these world sizes, with the ability to create maps up to 256 x 256 in size.

From 09/28/01 Ask the Civ Team
                      I think this is default numbers, but i do not hink that you need editor to change # of civs. That should be done directly form setup new game menu.
                      The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                      certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                      -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Those are the right numbers and yes, you can do it right from the setup screen.

Comment

Working...
                        X