Should I get the Hint book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get the Hint book?

I know I can come here for tips and hints, but I would like to know what the hint book would be like. I like to have the book infront of me while playing instead of going online and read what I need.

I never got the hint book for Civ 2 but did get it for Civ 1. That was a good hint book. The best hint book I ever had was Masters of Orion. Now that is a hint book. gives you formulas for everything. Wished that was out now.

The hint book for Call to Power was lame and dont want that to happen again. So where can I get info on the hint book?

what is your opnions?

Davor

PRIUSQUAM PRAESENS.
    DAMNATUS SALVENS.
    HIC HOMO NESCIENS.
    QUAE FUTURA EST?

EST PLANE VANUM?
    MAGNIFICANDUM?
    ERROR AUT SANUM?
    O FORTUNA EST!
    QUA?

Feh! All I needed to know about civ I learned from Apolyton and getting my ass kicked many a time
    A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

The hint book might be a fun read, but I can garauntee that the fansites like Apolyton will offer a lot more depth and info as far as strategies.

Comment

The problem is that the hint book was ready when the game went gold. As a result I can guarantee that there will be inaccuracies and that the writer will not have had enough time with the game to write an accurate strategy guide.
        Never underestimate the healing powers of custard.

Comment

most hint books are a waste of money. Buy one if you have a lot of money.

Comment

Hint books only contain superficial advice, and if you get them out after a year of playing, they have turned into worse joke books.

so the answer is NO, save the money for a useless magazine about people who have been kidnapped by aliens

Comment

For civ games, never get the guide. It only ruins the game and it can't really help you because the AI is different everytime.
              The greatest generals in history didn't use war simulations, they just played Civ 2

An old saying goes "For every language a man knows, he is that many times a man"
              Therefore, George Bush is half a man.

Comment

plus, the guys who write those hint books are mostly stupid, give crap hints and all... it really is better to get the feeling from playing and to learn strats from reading forums

Comment

It has also been my impression that Hint Books have been and are a waste of time and money. Save your money for something worthwhile.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Should I get the Hint book?
                    what for?

ofcourse not! [Loss of money IMO]
                    Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                    f**k the f****n f*****s!
                    I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                    let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

If they can't even beat deity whats the use. You're probaly just as good as teh guy who wrote teh book, as long as you've been playing civ for a long time, which it sounds like you have. I say don't get it.
                      Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

I'm the exception to the norm. I say: Get the hintbook!

Strategy game hintbooks provide one main resource:
                        Nice-looking, printed, and bound lists.

And for those of you who pre-ordered your hintbook from EB, you'll be able to reap a wealth of data from the book before the game even hits the shelves.

- Nobody

Comment

Spend money on this things... no way!
                          Get all what u want searching at sites like google or altavista.
                          For this things the internet are here.
                          Last edited by zeh; October 27, 2001, 13:18.
                          Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

I don't spend a buck to the hint-book. There are better and cheaper ways to get the info (magazines, internet ..)

Comment

Originally posted by IBNobody
                              I'm the exception to the norm. I say: Get the hintbook!

Strategy game hintbooks provide one main resource:
                              Nice-looking, printed, and bound lists.

And for those of you who pre-ordered your hintbook from EB, you'll be able to reap a wealth of data from the book before the game even hits the shelves.

- Nobody
                              I found the hint book for Civ2 to be very helpful as a new gamer. I would reccomend it for people that are new to civ style games. Not needed for veterans.

Comment

Working...
                              X