Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I fouy read want to have fun don't look on this board for strategies and tricks to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fouy read want to have fun don't look on this board for strategies and tricks to

try and beat the AI. I'm sure a lot of people who complain about the AI will be the same one's who will becoming to this board to try and find strategies and tricks to beat the AI. Why not just try to enjoy the game and have fun.
    Last edited by dennis580; October 27, 2001, 02:56.

I believe I speak for everyone when I say:

Huh?!

Comment

I think what he means is this:

a) People think the AI will be too little of a challange.
      b) People go to this forum to learn new strategies to beat the AI.
      c) a and b are incoherent, in that if one thinks that the AI is too little of a challenge, one ought not try to learn new strategies which will make the AI even LESS of a challenge.

btw: I don't agree.

Peace!
      -- Roland
      Last edited by Roland Ehnström; October 27, 2001, 07:12.

Comment

Dennis were you drunk when you posted that? You're other thread about artillery is both coherant and useful. This one is.......

You make a valid point though
        A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Seems perfectly lucid to me. I have already planned to stop looking at all civ3 threads on all boards until a0 I can afford to buy the game and b) spend a month or four actually playing the game.

It is more true of civ than of most games that uncertainty about the future is a legitimate (almost integral) part of the game concept and so it is best played without foreknowledge. Not knowing the tech-tree, not knowing the capabilities of units, the value of devlopments and the ability or character of your neighbours is much of what the game is about.
          It is very dangerous to leap a chasm in two bounds

Comment

Originally posted by Algernon Pondlife
            Seems perfectly lucid to me. I have already planned to stop looking at all civ3 threads on all boards until a) I can afford to buy the game and b) spend a month or four actually playing the game.
            So..... you knew to post a reply to this thread HOW if you didn't actually read it.??

Comment

I agree with Dennis.

These forums are great for general discussion, drooling over the upcoming game, exchanging mod ideas, etc.

But very often, game forums degenerate into exchanging cheats, semi-cheats, and "unrealistic" strategies that get around the intention of the game. (Railroads on the ocean, in Civ1!) For those that enjoy this kind of gameplay, I say, "Go for it!" But then it doesn't make sense to complain that there's no further challenge, and the AI is garbage.

If you want to keep the game challenging, then play the game straight. And this even applies to straight forward strategies. (What is the ideal sequence to start the game? Scout-Settler-Military unit? Or Military unit-Temple-Settler?) If I want challenging gameplay to last as long as possible, I should probably try to figure the puzzle out on my own.

And this isn't meant to criticize people who prefer to exchange strategies, just to point out that this practice is contradictory with complaining how quickly the game gets too easy.

Comment

by Faboba:
                So..... you knew to post a reply to this thread HOW if you didn't actually read it.??
                I'll let you work that out for yourself. It only takes reading it properly and thinking a little bit.
                It is very dangerous to leap a chasm in two bounds

Comment

I'll let you work that out for yourself. It only takes reading it properly and thinking a little bit.
                  But would be good if the asker are clear and goes direct to the point, so Roland don't need translate de question to us.
                  Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

Originally posted by Algernon Pondlife

Ok reading it closely the only logical conclusion which can be drawn from your scentence structure ( smart-arse ) is that you have enough money to buy the game and have been playing it now fro 3 to 4 months, meaning you had a copy of it before it went gold.

No. Trust me. That's what your post reads as. I win English prizes for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Faboba
                      No. Trust me. That's what your post reads as. I win English prizes for a reason.
                      Not for spelling

Ok reading it closely the only logical conclusion which can be drawn from your scentence structure ( smart-arse ) is that you have enough money to buy the game and have been playing it now fro 3 to 4 months, meaning you had a copy of it before it went gold.
                      1) He said one or four months...
                      2) He is reading some forums on some boards, but not all on all boards. Goodness knows whether he constructed it correctly, but both of you can stop being smart-arses (and so will I)
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Not for spelling
                        Nope, for creative use of the letter c.

Comment

Fair point.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I'm going to be on the board regularly, but then I'm not one of the people complaining that the AI will be too easy. I don't care if the AI is relatively easy or difficult, I want to learn how to make it sit up and beg either way.

Comment

Working...
                            X