Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COnquered cities should keep increasing their original civ population.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COnquered cities should keep increasing their original civ population.

From Civ3 FAQ: "For example, if the Greeks capture Paris, a pop 5 city, all five of those existing citizens retain their French nationality, even though new citizens that appear in the city will be Greek."

I think the new population should be french anyway, coz the french fu*ck with the frenchs, not with the folks of the conquering civ. So, until the french of that city are fully assimilated, new population should be of the city´s original owner, in this case the French.
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

The conversion of the citizens into your civilization's race represents that culture's assimilation into yours. It doesn't mean that they are transforming into your race.

I think trying to simulate interracial forces within your own empire would only complicate the game for no good reason.
    Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
    "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Another population point represents a new generation of people, and most of the way people act if based upon their environment. Many people conquered by Romans took on Roman culture and ideology because it was a way to gain power and influence.

People conquered are also not not growing, they are simply sustainting themselves. But people who take on the culture of those who own the civilization are most likely to get better things and therefore survive and reproduce. That way they are the people that will spread. New population points being of your civ can also be thought of as immigrants.

I'm putting to much thought into this...
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Take the case of MooII: when u conquered a planet, its race keep going, ok, its a planet, but was conquered, like a city.
        Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
        Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Originally posted by Asesino_Virtual
          Take the case of MooII: when u conquered a planet, its race keep going, ok, its a planet, but was conquered, like a city.
          MoO and Civ are different games. How exactly would you work it out with heads in Civ? Alternating pop points?
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Another population point represents a new generation of people, and most of the way people act if based upon their environment. Many people conquered by Romans took on Roman culture and ideology because it was a way to gain power and influence.

People conquered are also not not growing, they are simply sustainting themselves. But people who take on the culture of those who own the civilization are most likely to get better things and therefore survive and reproduce. That way they are the people that will spread. New population points being of your civ can also be thought of as immigrants.
            i agree.
            Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

The culture of the new population point has to do with the fact that the children are being taught Greek in schools and live in a Greek culture even though their parents speak French and are French. These kids are being assimilated into Greek culture, so they end up more Greeek than French.

Comment

Mmm, this last post has convinced me.
                Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Beaudoin

I think trying to simulate interracial forces within your own empire would only complicate the game for no good reason.
                  I couldn't have said this better

And as an example of why the current system is fairly realistic: look at the colonization of the Americas.

Comment

If Hitler had defeated Britain after 1941 by invasion he then planned to ship every male Brit of fighting age to work in Europe...and the females would be left with the german soldiers...

MAYBE A BAD EXAMPLE BUT!!!

If my troops take a city they get randy and having killed all the menfolk, the womanfolk are left with nought but my randy soldiers

True?

Comment

A certain assimilation exist depending of the culture's strenghts, but not as it is now (ideally, but it's not that bad how it is).

For exemple, Occident got many problems to keep in place when conquering Orient. Like with Alexander the Great for exemple. Also, just look at Quebec province in Canada and many other cases.
                      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

So those five greeks are always going to be in my city no matter what? I got to live with an olive market and feta cheese on my mainstreets even 300 years after I conquered them. No offence meant towards the greeks. Its just weird that from what I understand you can add on citizens of your nationality but you are always gonna have some 'feriners' livin in your towns.

Comment

Actually I guess the original scenario had five French originally. So its runny smelly cheese and organ meat pate instead of the olives and feta.

Comment

Originally posted by Pseud0nym
                            So those five greeks are always going to be in my city no matter what? I got to live with an olive market and feta cheese on my mainstreets even 300 years after I conquered them. No offence meant towards the greeks. Its just weird that from what I understand you can add on citizens of your nationality but you are always gonna have some 'feriners' livin in your towns.
                            No, I believe that eventually the citizens will be assimilated into your culture entirely and will effectively count as your citizens. But this takes time IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                            X