premature strategy ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• premature strategy ideas

Am I the only one overhere that just waits until civ3 has found it's way to my HD with thinking about strategies etc ?

I mean, how can I have any idea about strategy and tactics if I have never played the game so far ? My first 20 games will just be like playing around, having no idea what kind of victory I'll end up with. (or none victory at all )

To me that's way more fun, than starting a game with the intention "I'm going for the UN victory".

Am I the only one that thinks like that ?

CS
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Am I the only one that thinks like that ?
    Probably not!

But, lots of people will get kicks trying to think up ways to beat the AI first time.

Some are gonna try ICS to see if that avenue has been well and truely blocked.

Others (like myself) will focus on trying to use the new resource model to win the game first time out! Which I doubt, but I'm sure gonna try.

One thing is for certain, however any of us play our first game, it'll be something we'll still remember 5 years down the line. Get'n the box back home...ripping off the plastic...open the box...Ooooh!...throw away the manual (who needs that! )...load it...damn damn...too slow...and...click the icon...my first game of Civ3 begins...

too cool

Comment

I guess that people are just so eager to get their hands on the game... plain enthusiasm.

I'm just happy to wait for the game, let the strategies develop while playing. It's so hard to develop strategy for a game I've never played
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

It's part of human nature. When people become overly excited, they tend to do things prematurely.

Comment

Well since I can't actually play the game yet. I am playing it in my mind. It's Civilibation.

Comment

"When people become overly excited, they tend to do things prematurely. "

Speak for yourself!!
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
            X