Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making war on trade

from the PC.IGN preview:
    "But you can only trade with rival civilizations if your capital is connected to theirs by a road (or harbor or airport)"

I hope there is a way to disrupt trade at sea besides simply destroying harbors and/or capturing the harbor city. Something akin to uboats, piracy, or an all out attack on the sea-borne trade of another CIV.

Considering how difficult that might be to implement, I'm not too optimistic. Just hoping.

It's been confirmed that harbors can be blockaded to disrupt trade routes.

Comment

Re: making war on trade

Originally posted by Stretch
      from the PC.IGN preview:
      "But you can only trade with rival civilizations if your capital is connected to theirs by a road (or harbor or airport)"

I hope there is a way to disrupt trade at sea besides simply destroying harbors and/or capturing the harbor city. Something akin to uboats, piracy, or an all out attack on the sea-borne trade of another CIV.

Considering how difficult that might be to implement, I'm not too optimistic. Just hoping.
      Nothing is hard to implement. But the game is already finished. You can conduct naval blockades, that might be the limit of disrupting trade though.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Being able to suffocate your rivals sounds great. It must have dire consequences though.
        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Yeah I know the game is done.. it's hard to train oneself to stop saying "I hope they include" and start saying "I hope they included"

for example:
          "Gee I hope the included multiplayer"

[stretch ducks and runs for cover]

Comment

Couldn't you block or destroy roads to disrupt land based trade?

Pillaging roads makes some strategic sense now

Comment

Working...
            X