Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I want from Civ3

Ok, it might not be what you want but;

1. Hours of engrossing playing. I'm sure I'll get that since I was happy with Civ2 and Alpha Cent.

2. Good UI. If you're going to play for hours, you really need this. The techinical gameplay rules you can always change with the editor, but a UI fix would have to be in the form of a patch. But it looks good too from the screenshots I've seen.

3. Quality cutscenes and voice acting. Ok you might find this minor but for me its important. The ones in Alpha were great. I just thought that it gave a quality to the game, eg the elderly Asian voice of the Hive leader. And after building a wonder/tech advance, I want some sort of entertainment/reward!

So really I hope that Abe Lincon sounds like one would expect. Perhaps quoting some book on the importance of Electricity I just discovered.

Re: What I want from Civ3

Originally posted by GoofyBoy
    Ok, it might not be what you want but;

1. Hours of engrossing playing. I'm sure I'll get that since I was happy with Civ2 and Alpha Cent.

2. Good UI. If you're going to play for hours, you really need this. The techinical gameplay rules you can always change with the editor, but a UI fix would have to be in the form of a patch. But it looks good too from the screenshots I've seen.

3. Quality cutscenes and voice acting. Ok you might find this minor but for me its important. The ones in Alpha were great. I just thought that it gave a quality to the game, eg the elderly Asian voice of the Hive leader. And after building a wonder/tech advance, I want some sort of entertainment/reward!

So really I hope that Abe Lincon sounds like one would expect. Perhaps quoting some book on the importance of Electricity I just discovered.
    1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No cutscenes, not sure if there is voice acting for great leaders, I doubt it.

Comment

I want good AI.

Comment

1) I hope the new concepts to the Civ line such as culture are enjoyable and well implimented.
        2) I hope that the Civ feel is still there. (eg. that one more turn feel)
        3) I hope the diplomacy is as improved as they say.
        4) I want to be able to copy and paste build caches from city to city so I don't have to enter items over and over again.

PS: Hey HalfLotus...just a guess but are you from USA???
        "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
        "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

[SIZE=1]

PS: Hey HalfLotus...just a guess but are you from USA???
          Yes, and when I see Tomahawks flying over Afganistan, I get that chanting feeling.....U....S....A, U....S.....A....

Comment

I hear that...
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus

Yes, and when I see Tomahawks flying over Afganistan, I get that chanting feeling.....U....S....A, U....S.....A....
              Hell ya!!
              "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

Working...
              X