Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pbem?

Is the pbem issue still in the air

As far as anyone knows, there is no PBEM or any other multiplayer. And did you steal my idea for a signature?

Comment

If you mean is it going to happen? Then no Faded Glory it is six feet under the ground and dead. Go see the updated civ3.com FAQ, all MP is off until further notice.

Sorry

David
      "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

i hope they dont sacrifice true MP for PBEM... MP needs the interacion of diplomacy ,
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
          i hope they dont sacrifice true MP for PBEM... MP needs the interacion of diplomacy ,
          That seems unlikely. Something like that has never happened in the past anyway...

The MP issue as I see it: gotta pay, and gotta wait... how much and how long we don't know in advance.

Comment

some people were hoping for PBEM and that would keep them happy, but I find PBEM is still too much like SP
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I like PBEM for these kinds of games. Since they are usually quite time consuming it's tough to find a time when a number of people can all play at the same time. With PBEM you can play when you want. The only down side is that a game usually lasts >6 months
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Legacy

gotta pay, and gotta wait...

Yepper, I'm waiting till it hits the bargain bins then I will probably get my moneys worth.

Comment

I bet they'll give us HOTSEAT & PBEM in fist or second patch,
                  and other forms of MP in EXPANSION PACK.

Comment

yeah hot seat would be nice...better than a hot foot
                    "What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

Comment

PBEM please!

I agree. If Firaxis gives us hotseat/PBEM in a follow-on patch, most of the existing SMAC and Civ2 PBEMers will switch to Civ3 (in my opinion). This would be good for Civ3 sales, I'm sure.
                      ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Please explain what is PBEM.

Comment

Play by e-mail
                          "What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

Comment

Play By E-Mail

Comment

I should check my sources first, but I seem to remember the Gamespot preview saying there was NO mp, including PBEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X