No announcement yet.

Placing your opponents on the map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me? Or does anyone else like the mystery of "where-oh-where can the AI be?"
    I too like to find my oppenents when i play random maps, but the whole purpose behind playing world maps is to have fun changing history. It takes away from it when the civs aren't in there historical starting positions, IMO.

I generally agree with you, but the option should be there. You may want to experiment with behaviour on a given map etc. The option should be there. No useless limitations, please!
    Agree as well

That's quick! I wonder what the maths teacher says when he sees the pages full of terrain rather than calculations.
    "Wow you play civ, automatic A in the class" - Math teacher

but seriously, i didn't make it, so don't give me the credit for it.
    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
      I think 256x256, even 180x180 screams for more than 16 civs... How about 64 civs? Now that would be something!
      And how would that fit on the Foreign Advisor Screen.

I know I would get very confused...

I want 180 civs though, that's about how many there are today, right? So we could play the real world???
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I will say that one of the most exciting things especially in the beginning of a new game is that you don´t know where your opponents are - or who they will be. But on the other hand, I think that as first stated in this thread, a pre-made earth/world map (huge) with all 16 Civs starting in their respective places are going to be so much fun! Rewriting the history once again! Even still you know your opponents nationality and where they are going to be located, remember you still have a very big task winning the game, right? It is going to be so great!
        "Beware of the English Empire; the English people are
        going to rule the world again in "CIVILIZATION III""

Comment

I want 180 civs though, that's about how many there are today, right? So we could play the real world???
          yeah,179 i believe, but a large amount of those are on islands that aren't even in the map. And talk about confusing. I guess you could always increase the map size as well to like 2048X2048 to fit them all in. i agree though that would be so cool.
          Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Originally posted by Mars

yeah,179 i believe, but a large amount of those are on islands that aren't even in the map. And talk about confusing. I guess you could always increase the map size as well to like 2048X2048 to fit them all in. i agree though that would be so cool.
            I dunno, I think it would be almost impossible to manage.

I think that the 16 given in Civ III represent a large range of similar cultures, that's why those particular ones are in.

I still think you shouldn't know where you are on the map until you get Astronomy.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
            X