No announcement yet.

Which level of difficulty will you use in your first game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect I shall start at Warlord. Not totally easy, but till I get to understand the gameplay (I'm still a settler at this gaming lark- but getting switched onto it slowly)
    Gaming: Silverstone TJ07, Asus P5Q Del, Q9550 @3.2, GTX285, 4Gb OCZ PC8500, 750GB Spinpoint F1, Corsair HX1000, Dell 2408WFP, WinXP SP3. Folding: Antec 300, Asus P5Q Del, Q9550 @3.2, 2*8800GT, 4GB Corsair PC6400, 750GB Spinpoint F1, Corsair HX620, Win7 x64. Folding: Antec 300, Asus P6TD Del, i7 920 @3.8, 9800GTX+8800GT, 6GB Corsair PC12800, 1TB Spinpoint F1, Corsair HX1000, Win 7 x64.

Comment

i'll start at chieftain and work my way up
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I'll start with Prince and get spanked. Then I'll move down before I move up again...
        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

i'm a woose so i will paly first on Chieftan !!! of course that will be on the MP version
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

cheftain
            Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
            f**k the f****n f*****s!
            I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
            let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

I will try Prince.
              That is the level I usually plays on in Civ2!
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Cheiftain - just to get feel of it and then move up...
                'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Deity, for sure!

I don't want to pick up bad habits from the lower levels.

Carolus

Comment

I plan to only play on Deity. I plan to avodi reading about strategies on this board and I plan not to go out of my way to find holes in the AI. Combine this with the fact that nobody at Firaxis has beaten Civ III on Deity. The game should end up being extremely challenging for me and I should be in for many a$$ kickings.

Comment

In any game I buy, I always start at the easiest level to get a feel for the mechanics and how it works before trying harder levels. Yeah, I know...we all know the basics of Civ...but it IS a new game, still. So I will start with Chieftan and go from there.

Cheers.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'm going to try to survive at deity level....
                        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

i am playing at prince cos i cant win on civ 2.
                          basically i'm learning it hard so i'm rubbish forever and get used to brain dead ai in cheiftan like i did with smac and civ 2.
                          i will lose but i can perfect the losing till i'm relally good at it!
                          Just my 2p.
                          Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
                          Which shows you learn something every day.
                          formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

I will start with warlord, ... after having played the tutorial.

Comment

King; 7 Civilizations; Standard Map; Normal Barbarians.

And I plan to win.
                              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by dennis580
                                Combine this with the fact that nobody at Firaxis has beaten Civ III on Deity.
                                Is this true (or part of the hype )?

Still:

i) That's what they said about deity in Civ II at the time ("impossible")

ii) I doubt deity against the AI in Civ III comes even close to MP in Civ II. If you can play Civ II against humans (and survive for some time or even win), you must be able to play the AI at deity in Civ III

That being said, you'll need to get into the basics, of course.

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                                X