When will preorders arrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Clark
    But Civ3 might be different because of the LE. Do you really think that you will find LEs (in addition to SEs) in the stores next Tuesday?
    Yes, because I reserved a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Clark
      But Civ3 might be different because of the LE. Do you really think that you will find LEs (in addition to SEs) in the stores next Tuesday?
      This is the main reason why I decided to preorder my Civ3 copies - to ensure I get my LE copies of the game, and not having to settle for the SE.

Comment

You have problems, whether you get your copy on 30th October or 1st November, I have to wait here in Austria until 16th November. This is a very, very long time ....

Comment

cyril: For me, I don't care when I get it. In fact, I'll probably wait a few days before I get to load it and start playing. You won't be seeing me in one of those threads next week saying, I WANT THE GAME NOOOOWWWWW. There was a rumour a short while ago saying that they might have sold out the 75,000 LEs just through pre-orders. Methinks it was a sales ploy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich

This is the main reason why I decided to preorder my Civ3 copies - to ensure I get my LE copies of the game, and not having to settle for the SE.
            Either way, limited or standard, its the same game.

>>The Templar strikes Civ3 tin with mighty temple sword, shearing tin in half<<

See? Game still works the same. No settling required (except for settling new cities).
            - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
            - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
            - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
              Either way, limited or standard, its the same game.
              its all about the fold out tech tree

Comment

Why are you guys in such a hurry. Why not wait until the game is throughly examined by other players and has gotten its first patch?

Comment

Patches are there to refine the game as you've progressed to Emperor, Deity levels. While the patch is being made ready, I'll be figuring out all the game mechanics and nuances of resources and the new diplomacy setting, so that by the time I'm ready for a new challenges, the patch will be ready and I'll have the game basics figured out.

Comment

You have to be kidding right?

Playing on less than Diety level? Hmm... might be interesting for a lark but what would be the point?

Anyway, preorders are already on backorder now. They always queue up the shelves first cause there is no rush to ship a game to someone who has already paid, lol.

Comment

With all the new game mechanics, I'm not starting on Deity, I'm starting at Prince/King so that I can mess around with all the new features without much AI interference, so my first few Deity games aren't a pre 1 AD rout because I don't use resources and diplomacy correctly. Diplomacy was expanded in SMAC but still was not as integral to the game as it appears it will be in Civ3.

Comment

I'm starting on Price and watch it kick my peaceloving non-expansionist ***

Comment

DP

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                            Why are you guys in such a hurry. Why not wait until the game is throughly examined by other players and has gotten its first patch?
                            its an addiction...there is no cure, not even a bad review or 1 million patches

Comment

so you reckon that they would not be shipping LE before oct 30?
                              what's Chips&Bits shipping record like?

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                                so you reckon that they would not be shipping LE before oct 30?
                                what's Chips&Bits shipping record like?

Their shipping record is about as good as New Orleans public transit is on schedule!
                                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
                                X