winning strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winning strategy?

Seems to me that if it takes 20 surplus food to grow a size 1 & 2 size city (and then 40 food for larger cities), AND you can add workers and settlers to another city's population. What prevents the player from having a few "farm" cities of size 2 continuously adding population to a central city at essentially double the rate? Is there a city size restriction until a certain tech is discovered?

Seems that this may be the "new" ICS technique.

IIRC in Civ2 you couldn't add pops above 10.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

actually its 8
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Originally posted by drake
        actually its 8
        Is 10 the limit from civ1? (Then the limit would be 6 in Civ3)

Comment

I never played civ1....but civ 2 is 8.......6 for civ3 sounds good......

I do like having the ability to "cash in" old settlers into small towns when engineers come around.......
          I see the world through bloodshot eyes
          Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I never played civ1....but civ 2 is 8.......6 for civ3 sounds good......

I do like having the ability to "cash in" old settlers into small towns when engineers come around.......
            Well, that will not happen, as there are no engineers in Civ3.
            I thought that it might be the aqueduct limit, but I'm not sure.

Comment

8 was the aqueduct limit in civ2. It was also the limit for settler joining. I don't remember numbers from civ1.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

Why (in Civ3) would you have old settlers around anyway? They are only good for settling in this game.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I just made a test with CivNet, cheating up a lot of settlers and could determine the limit to 10. That way it would most likely be 6 in Civ3.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

Why (in Civ3) would you have old settlers around anyway? They are only good for settling in this game.
                    Well, the settlers get modern graphics, but they are not replaced by other units, and yes, when you are finished settling the world you will need them no more.

Comment

Leonardo's Workshop baby!!!
                      "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Originally posted by cassembler
                        Leonardo's Workshop baby!!!
                        But there are no engineers
                        Workers stay as workers throughout the game (they change clothes tho)
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I dont know if the limit to adding pop is still in, but one of those Firaxians (you know, the guys who get paid to play Civ3) said he thinks of the units as mobile population points.

Comment

I just thought of something. I'm probably just slow though.

Size 1-6 = size 20 food box
                            Size 7-12 = size 40 food box and an Aqueduct
                            Size 13+ = size 60 food box and a Hospital
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                            X