No announcement yet.

It's official Earth will be in CIV3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that it's not necessary to snap at him like that, but I can see why some people might. It is old news.

Comment

Originally posted by Utrecht
      Would a better tactic have been to simply ignore the post if it contained information that you already knew?
      Hey, I'm just trying to get through the waiting hours!
      Sometimes like this you don't have to say much before I try to make a joke out of it. Don't take it as a personal offense.

BTW IMHO you should always make it a question instead of an anouncement if you find facts posted more than a day ago.
      Ex: Did you know that the map of Earth is included?
      Or simply check if there are any threads on the subject before posting a new one.

This thread should be closed.

Comment

My Geography teacher is gonna kill whoever made that world map

1. Persia is too dry; it should be plains, not desert

2. Central U.S. too dry (I know, I live there ).

3. Europe WAY too dry, its supposed to be mostly forest.

4. Scandinavia too cold. It should be forest, not all tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
          My Geography teacher is gonna kill whoever made that world map

1. Persia is too dry; it should be plains, not desert

2. Central U.S. too dry (I know, I live there ).

3. Europe WAY too dry, its supposed to be mostly forest.

4. Scandinavia too cold. It should be forest, not all tundra.
          The map appears to show base terrain, the current screen-of-the-week shows forest actually grown over tundra and plains. So the global map is relatively accurate, because it doesn't show forests anyway.

Also, the reason why the central US isn't so dry is because of rivers and also irrigation from the enormous midwest aquifer. The dustbowl in the 30s showed how dry the plains can be. In central Illinois, all the water came from wells and rivers, but it doesn't change the fact that its not exactly lush grasslands

Comment

Some fairly large islands missing (NZ, Vancouver Island)

Madagascar looks wonky.
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I find it interesting that they put in Hawaii but not New Zealand.

Comment

Hawaii doesn't really look like it's the right shape either way. My guess (hope) is that that is just the first try at the map, just to get the big continents done. Hopefully, the final version of the map will be more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
                  Hawaii doesn't really look like it's the right shape either way. My guess (hope) is that that is just the first try at the map, just to get the big continents done. Hopefully, the final version of the map will be more accurate.
                  I too hope it will be more accurate, but I doubt it since this was posted on the civ 3 site after the game had gone gold. Good thing that we can always edit it as we wish, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
                    Rofl, yeah, New Zealand....as if anyones going to put that ****y little island in!! I mean, c'mon - they can't even win the Bledisloe Cup
                    If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
                      Because New Zealand is such an important country, and they didn't want to insult any New Zealanders, they wanted to make sure they made New Zealand properly, hence it wasn't in the early beta World Map.

Comment

new zealand is one of the biggest islands in the world, i believe its the third.
                        Unfortunetly its near the pole (in refrence to the map) and on a flat map that makes it distorted and small. Its still there though, like 3 squares.
                        Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

What's the brown/red colored thing around the Nile?? Is that the international color of swamp?
                          This might or might not be a signature

Comment

Map accuracy

Do we know if this is the "normal" 100x100 map, or is it the "huge" 180x180 one? I've played some very accurate maps in civ 2 with tiles about 130x130, real world. On those maps, the south pacific is dotted with little islands, which may not be accurate considering the scale of the maps, but it sure is fun to go island hopping in multiplayer!! I hope this is either the smaller one, or as you all have been saying, it's an early version.

Of course, we can't really judge it from that crappy little screenshot they gave us, but it doesn't look very accurate to me.

Comment

I wonder -should have asked years earlier-, can we customise the terrain...would love to put my geography knowledge and build a more "accurate" world map

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
                                Hopefully, the final version of the map will be more accurate.
                                Do you really think we will get another version of the world map??
                                Really?
                                Most important: look how much desert there is in China!
                                At least I hope that part of what I see as desert is flood plain, but I fear not when i look at the Nile and Tigris.
                                The ice was here, the ice was there, the ice was all around: it cracked and growled and roared and howled like noises in a swound!

Comment

Working...
                                X