Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you plan on using the in game tutorial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you plan on using the in game tutorial?

From the new civ3 preview:
    If you're new to the series, then an in-depth tutorial can help you become accustomed, as you're shepherded carefully through every aspect of building up your own civilization.

Everytime i buy a new computer game, i always like to go through the tutorial. I expect with civ3, it won't be necessary, but I probably will anyway. . . what about you, do you usually do the tutorials, or do you learn by trial and error? Do you plan on using the civ3 tutorial?
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

I plan on going through it before playing just to see the new features and get a feel for them. IMHO this is better than just jumping into the game only half way knowing what your doing, and getting whooped.

Comment

yes, i agree, the new features, along with the interface. i imagine some of the hotkeys will be the same (f - fortify, s - sentry, b - build city, etc. . ) but the rest of the interface i mean. .
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

yep, i think its gonna be fun
        Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
        Asesino_Virtual

Comment

I usually go through the tutorial for about five minutes and say "the hell with this I'm playing the game". With Civ3 I won't even bother to spend five minutes with the tutorial because of my extreme excitement I will have plus my familiarity with Civ.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Think I will skip the tutorial this time, I'll go back to my old ways of making mistakes to learn, seems to work better for me that way.
            be free

Comment

I think I'll go through it if for no other reason than to see what kind of job they did on it.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
                I usually go through the tutorial for about five minutes and say "the hell with this I'm playing the game". With Civ3 I won't even bother to spend five minutes with the tutorial because of my extreme excitement I will have plus my familiarity with Civ.
                I did the same thing with Space Empires 4. I'll do like Sn00py, just dive right in learn from my mistakes.

I think I'll go through it if for no other reason than to see what kind of job they did on it.
                You're a sad man, ixnay37!
                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

I hate reading the directions for anything, I'd rather figure things out for myself, but I usually do the tutorial, just to get the feel for the interface of a game and refer to the manual later if I need something.

Comment

Markos or anyone else with the ability.

Could we please have that..... T word censored?

I find it kind of offensive.
                    A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Yes, I will use tutorial because I am eager to see ever bit of Civ3 ...

Comment

I will use the tutorial and read the whole manual before starting my first game of Civ3. Nothing´s better than pleasant anticipation.
                        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Wont use it. I always RTFM and proceed to play. I like it best because its the fastest to learn all the ways to lose by scewing up and also what screw ups you can recover from.
                          The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

HA! I will never use the tutorial!
                            I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

lol, I couldn't help it, I sat here, reading what ixnay37 said, and remembered something else he said a while ago which also was really silly, and I just had to ask, are you being serious about your posts?
                              be free

Comment

Working...
                              X