No announcement yet.

Strategy: drafting&forced labor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling that warmongers will draft units and not care about infrastructure and unhappiness so that they can fight their wars. If this happens then you will be forced to draft soldiers to keep up with them. That way war will have a devastating effect on your population and wouldn't last very long. No more thousand year wars...
    i don't think you'll need to keep up with a chronic drafter. Its not like you'll be able to draft tanks, they'll only be basic units, and as they draft more and more they lose production ability from the city as well as possible putting the city into revolt which makes it practically useless (actaully even worse cuz you'll probaly have to pay for upkeep) So the warmonger who makes tanks instead of wasting its pop on some stupid rifleman will most likely win out.
    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJH:
      It should also be noted that drafting and forced labor causes unhappiness for 20 turns for each pop point, this can turn into a rather hefty price IMHO. I will only use drafting/forced labor if I find it absolutely necessary. Riots just aren't worth it.
      I completely agree. Another point to be noted: A good road-network is also necessary to support your cities with luxury-goods. When the road to a luxury is destroyed, you will get problems with happiness. When you keep on drafting then maybe a city is revolting.

Comment

posted by joer
        Getting the lost citizens back is a tad easier, though, since the foodbox is smaller.
        actually Civ3 uses a fixed size foodbox and while it does change the largest foodbox on a screenshot has only been size 60 so far and it was for a size 24 city

we haven't exactly figured out where the food box changes size but it looks like from size 1-6 that all of those cities have a size 20 foodbox (at least in despotism but possibly in all government forms)

so drafting and forced labor probably won't help ICS

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
          You're gonna start on Deity eh Executor? Why???? Do you like losing in the game???
          To give the AI a fighting chance.

Here's another challenge. Don't trade any resources with the other civs. This'll require you to have a vast empire, and a lot of conquered civs.
          Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Executor you must think this AI is going to be a piece of cake. Next you're going to tell us, i'm going to be constantly at war with one city, never trade with the AI, and play on deity. I think you're going to get your a$$ kicked

Comment

Originally posted by Mars
              Executor you must think this AI is going to be a piece of cake. Next you're going to tell us, i'm going to be constantly at war with one city, never trade with the AI, and play on deity. I think you're going to get your a$$ kicked
              I can feel his ego!! It's crushing me!!

Let him lose
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Mars

i don't think you'll need to keep up with a chronic drafter. Its not like you'll be able to draft tanks, they'll only be basic units, and as they draft more and more they lose production ability from the city as well as possible putting the city into revolt which makes it practically useless (actaully even worse cuz you'll probaly have to pay for upkeep) So the warmonger who makes tanks instead of wasting its pop on some stupid rifleman will most likely win out.
                See the warmonger will draft Infantry and build tanks. The warmonger will probably also be in a government like Monarchy or Communism (or Fascism! (blatant advertsizing for my Governments thread! (don't feel like looking for the link though...))) so he will be able to supress the people with martial law and have a lessened war unhappiness effect. He is also able to support more free units. Especially if he is a Militaristic civ...
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

See the warmonger will draft Infantry and build tanks. The warmonger will probably also be in a government like Monarchy or Communism so he will be able to supress the people with martial law and have a lessened war unhappiness effect. He is also able to support more free units. Especially if he is a Militaristic civ...
                  You must understand (being a warmonger myself) That once a city goes and revolts it is no longer useful for production. Also if you waste your citizens on draftees you can't use their production to build more powerful units such as tanks or artillery. So it is not that powerful of a concept.

Comment

FYI, Executor, the AI has been rewritten, so it will NOT play the same as in Civ II.

I plan to start on Deity and never look back.
                    Of course not, not with your head cut off like that . . .

We'll see how big your ego is after you've played your first game.
                    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                    X