• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in as an admin.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

ok is everyone ready to go?

Comment

This is great, only in the Civ community do you see this kind of cooperation.
        Battles are won and lost, long before the first round is fired, by logisticians. Amateurs study tactics, generals study logistics.
        - Erwin Rommel

Comment

First off I think this is an excellent idea.

Secondly unfortunately my involvement will be similar to dennis580 i'll gladly report any errors when I find them but it won't be my primary concern. Anyway by the time Civ3 reaches the UK shelves you'll have found the all the bugs

Thirdly like many others here software development is my day job and can I raise a note of caution. Make sure the bug log is just that - a record of errors in the software and not a wish list or change request list. By all means create separate lists for such things but nothing irritates developers more (in my experience) than change requests being logged as bugs and any such inclusions may make Firaxis less enthusiastic towards the bug list, which none of us want.
          Hoping that 4 is closer to 2 than 3

Comment

I'm ready, and will be here a lot while I wait for Civ II. When I have it I'll also be here a lot, but not as mush as in the time I wait.

Will you create a new thread? In what Forum, the new Help forum?

Comment

i'm willing to help in a limited role -- i'd be willing to report whatever bugs I find and 'check out' some stuff from time to time -- mainly, if this is open to the public, then i'd be willing to participate, but I don't want to make an obligation to it considering that I don't know how often or how much I'll be willing to do -- for me, playing the game ranks higher than going out and trying to find bugs.

in other words, i'm with those other people who are offering to report bugs and help out a bit, but not devote their lives to it .

-- adaMada

PS: If you do this, I think you really should try to get an admin. to set up a special forum for it -- it'll make it all go a lot easier. If you can't get that, then at least try to convince one of them to 'top' it -- that's probably how you'll get the most support, from random civers who are willing to stop by and "report" a bug they encounter while playing. Just my two-bits...
              Civ 3 Democracy Game:
              PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
              Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I'll provide a link to the Bug list that was started by korn469.

Comment

Seing as your lacking in the admin department currently, ill volunteer for the job as well
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

When a admin sends in bugs should he/she send one bug per mail, or should more bugs be combined within the same mail. What is best for Firaxis?

Comment

ok a few last minute changes

*instead of having people each new bug in a thread, we will instead have people post bugs in the same thread for now, and we will stick with this unless it becomes unmanagable

*we will send one mass mailing of the list to firaxis every friday

*admins make sure that the list is up to date, so that means they check and make sure all reported bugs are on the list

*the list will have two categories...verified bugs, and unverified

how does all of that sound?

Comment

It sounds good. Only one thing: Where will the list be kept? As only the one that posts a message can edit it we can't keep it in the first post unless you became a superior list admin that edit the first post after the other admins have posted an updated list in the bottom of the thread.

Comment

Yep, sounds fine to me
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Let's get a whole new forum created for this bug list. Like the suggestions list had.

Comment

GP

it's the help forum
                              hmmm think we should petition mark to change it to the help/bug reports forum?

Comment

There's a civ3 help forum??
                                I say have 2 or 3 posts in the same thread by the admins then Korn or someone takes those 3 posts and puts them into one post. The admins posts should all have different bugs in them.
                                Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Working...
                                X