Will support the wheel mouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will support the wheel mouse?

Yeah, will be wheel mouse compatible (those mouses which have the wheel in the middle intead the 3° button).

Yep
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

Firaxis patched SMAC to include wheel support. If its not in the out-of-box game, I'm sure it will be in the first round of patches. Wheel mice are prevalent enough that it should be a standard feature.

Comment

Excellent!

Now if only somebody invents a side-scrolling wheele to put on mouses.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

If you have the Intellimouse Explorer from the company formerly viewed as a monopoly till the republicans took office, there are two extra programmable thumb buttons that you can assign to right and left arrow keys

Comment

Now if only somebody invents a side-scrolling wheele to put on mouses.
          I have 2 wheel mouse, if thats what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by RedWhiteArcher
            I have 2 wheel mouse, if thats what you mean.
            Do you mean a mouse with two wheel? (never seen one, what model do you have?)
            Or do you mean you have two different mice, with one wheel each? (that seems irrilevant, if you don't have some strange driver/application able to work with both mice to accomplish different movement).

If the game is DirectX based the support of Wheel Mouse should be quite the default. I wonder if the game will support the Logitech I-Feel (sort of force feedback mouse).

I'm evaluating the opportunity to buy one, and I'll appreciate tho play a game who support it: think about your mouse trembling while your tank move to its destination...
            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
              If the game is DirectX based the support of Wheel Mouse should be quite the default. I wonder if the game will support the Logitech I-Feel (sort of force feedback mouse).
              Old Thread Link

Jeff Morris at Firaxis says that he uses it and likes iFeel a lot, but didn't mention whether there would be support. Odds are I'd say it'd be simple shakes over menu items, not much else. If Jeff created his own mod within the iFeel system customizations itself versus Civ3 as a whole, I'm sure he'd share it. Try dropping him a email or PM personally versus sending it to Firaxis as a whole.

I was looking into getting one back then myself, but instead got the Intellimouse Explorer, figured I'd get more usefulness out of the extra buttons then the force feedback, I haven't heard much about the tech being used very much in games, and the reviews for it have been mediocre.

Comment

my mouse is a logitech optical and it can be clicked down (the mouse wheel) and then moved to scroll in any direction, i hope civ3 will support this cause like no games do..

Comment

I have a corless Qunatum 4D mouse.
                  It got 2 wheels. Usualy both work the same way but if the page can be scrolled from side ways then the other weel does that.
                  I can be programed too but the programs takes few percent of my system resourses so I removed it.

Comment

I have a remote controlled, trans-dimensional mouse that can transform into a joystick by voice recognition. It has four wheels and a small storage space on the side for small pieces of paper. It is omniscient and predicts your future moves by receiving your brainwaves with an electromagnetic detector. It also is a cameolon that turns into the color of your favorite liqour. It is made of super-hard Diamantium with a lifecycle lasting longer than the universe itself. Anyone beat that?
                    This might or might not be a signature

Comment

And I bet its real too?

Comment

Originally posted by vincentz
                        I have a remote controlled, trans-dimensional mouse that can transform into a joystick by voice recognition. It has four wheels and a small storage space on the side for small pieces of paper. It is omniscient and predicts your future moves by receiving your brainwaves with an electromagnetic detector. It also is a cameolon that turns into the color of your favorite liqour. It is made of super-hard Diamantium with a lifecycle lasting longer than the universe itself. Anyone beat that?
                        Hey, I have that mouse too!

Comment

Originally posted by vincentz
                          Unfortunately no. I have that model, but mine was made in France, so its PINK!!!

Back in reality, however, i have a logitech wheelmouse.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                            Old Thread Link

Jeff Morris at Firaxis says that he uses it and likes iFeel a lot, but didn't mention whether there would be support.

I haven't heard much about the tech being used very much in games, and the reviews for it have been mediocre.
                            Thanks for info and feedback (and no, I'm not kidding on "feedback" )

I have read review better than mediocre about Ifeel, but I agree that, until Microsoft produce a Force feedback mouse of any sort, game support risks to be low.
                            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

No problem, if you do get a response (I wouldn't hold my breath with release being so close), make sure you post it

Comment

Working...
                              X