Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: "Your Palace, Sire..."

Originally posted by Mankind

Than what are you waiting for???? no one will play it for you go and play it yourself

seriously... play civ1 and find out how deep is the rabbit hole
    I probably would, but I just have too many other games to play right now, and I don't think I could stomach those graphics anymore.

I did have a console emulator ROM of it though... somewhere around here...

Comment

Oh yeah, the throne room was ugly, boring and always turned off. ok, I have to admit, in Civ1 the palace screen was also turned off, but it was only turned of because of one thing...I had to change disks everytime I wanted to see the palace (Pretty annoying ). I just hope they don't ship the game with 2 CDs and having to change CD just to view the palace

Oh, and by the way, the few times I "used" the palace, it was really great, can't wait to see my palace again
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
        Oh yeah, the throne room was ugly, boring and always turned off. ok, I have to admit, in Civ1 the palace screen was also turned off, but it was only turned of because of one thing...I had to change disks everytime I wanted to see the palace (Pretty annoying ). I just hope they don't ship the game with 2 CDs and having to change CD just to view the palace

Oh, and by the way, the few times I "used" the palace, it was really great, can't wait to see my palace again
        That reminds me continuous changes of floppy disks in my old' AMIGA.... this former times.... I will never forget it uh huh :*)
        Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
        f**k the f****n f*****s!
        I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
        let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Mankind
          That reminds me continuous changes of floppy disks in my old' AMIGA.... this former times.... I will never forget it uh huh :*)
          I wont forget it eather...those good ol' Amiga days...they got even better the day I bought another disk drive to my Amiga

Comment

"The Cave"

That's what I called my throne room. never turned it off, though.

except of course on deity + levels when it upgrades every turn, even when I'm about to be conquered.
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
              I wont forget it eather...those good ol' Amiga days...they got even better the day I bought another disk drive to my Amiga
              Oh yes - it was released on four 720 kb disks. I actually managed to fit all the files on just three disk, so that with two floppy drives I never had to swap disks once disk1 had loaded

The single feature I missed the most in CivII was the Replay where you got a fast-forward presentation of how your civ evolved from the very beginning to the end. As far as I've been informed this feature is back in CivIII and I can hardly wait to see it again

Comment

About loam me memory did not wash disc 3 was necessary only in final phase of game [replay etc. ] and perhaps I make a mistake

Yes Amiga times..... it was someting.... . civilisation, colonizaion [north & south ] ok enought of old'times.

that was off-topic .... but ...
                f**k the f****n f*****s!

Comment

Originally posted by 0 Innocence
                  Oh yes - it was released on four 720 kb disks. I actually managed to fit all the files on just three disk, so that with two floppy drives I never had to swap disks once disk1 had loaded
                  3 disks, cool

Originally posted by 0 Innocence
                  The single feature I missed the most in CivII was the Replay where you got a fast-forward presentation of how your civ evolved from the very beginning to the end. As far as I've been informed this feature is back in CivIII and I can hardly wait to see it again
                  That one is in again Can't wait to finish my first game...Just to see the replay feature again

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember civ back on my old Atari ST, it used to be on 3 disks IIRC. It was so damn slow though because I remember buying my first PC in 1995 and, of course, buying Civ, and it was amazing just how much faster it worked. It was heaven

But what I would think would be nice is if the grandeur of your palace had an effect on the rate of culture generation by it. That would be cool!
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I remember playing Civ 1 on my Tandy 1000, it was soooo slow...
                      I started a new game on the world map, and even then it went throught the entire intro thing before the game could begin. Once i got a 486, that same map loaded almost instantly At least both of them had harddrives though. No disk-swapping
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ahh yes, the anticipation building as the world generator slowly showed you the solar system coalescing and your new world forming. It seems amazing now that the wait didn't have us tearing our hair out in frustration. We truly have become impatient for instant gratification* with the speed of modern life

* not applicable to anyone who doesn't think this fits them.
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                          Ahh yes, the anticipation building as the world generator slowly showed you the solar system coalescing and your new world forming. It seems amazing now that the wait didn't have us tearing our hair out in frustration. We truly have become impatient for instant gratification* with the speed of modern life

* not applicable to anyone who doesn't think this fits them.

And I have english civ1 and ripped polish version of civ1! (all on Amiga)
                          [there even is Poland as civ -kick for France- city names changed from France to Polish.... and game was more funny becose of it { News-paper form -Inscriptions became changed ]
                          f**k the f****n f*****s!

Comment

IIRC, you can download Civ1 for windows at www.bhlegend.com

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              I remember playing Civ 1 on my Tandy 1000, it was soooo slow...
                              I started a new game on the world map, and even then it went throught the entire intro thing before the game could begin. Once i got a 486, that same map loaded almost instantly At least both of them had harddrives though. No disk-swapping
                              For me, it sometimes took up to a half hour to start a new game. The whole save and restart cheat never ever was possible in my Civ I experience.
                              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Thanx ixnay

Comment

Working...
                                X