Many More Turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many More Turns

I believe I saw a screen with a date like 2710 BC. This means much less time compression in Antiquity, and therefore a much longer game. I also saw a couple of size 6-8 cities in 650BC or so!
    Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Yah I also saw that, but only ever in the Replay screen. I think that is just to add realism because all in game dates in BC aren't as specific. But I do think there are some more turns looking at ingame dates that are down to the tens place in BC. I dunno.

The reason you have larger cities early on is due to a smaller food box.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I am pretty sure the screen with that date was in-game.
      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
        I am pretty sure the screen with that date was in-game.
        Well then that's awesome. I would love to be able to actually have wars in BC. Most of my ancient time was just spent developing, I never had time to go on extensive conquests like the Greeks, Persians, Assyrians, Romans, Chinese, Mongols, and many, many others did. Something I always missed.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yes, more early turns would be major cool. I always liked the 4000BC-1000AD the best anyway. I just hope that the 2710 isn't a sign of endless turns in the late game that we all grow tired of.

Comment

I just hope that the 2710 isn't a sign of endless turns in the late game that we all grow tired of.
            This coupled with the slow-down of ICS seems to indicate that Civ3 has a much more deliberate pace. In its best form, that means that Civ3 is giving us a heck of a lot more great gameplay. In its worst form, it means the game is horribly slow out of the gate and then just endlessly drags from there.

Again, impossible to tell with such little information.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

If there are more turns during the ancient time than in Civ 2, then it looks like it is possible to be launching that spaceship before 1AD

Hopefully the techs do last long enough that we havent discovered them all before 1500AD and spend the next 500 turns without needing science...
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hey the more turns the better

Anyone else miss the cheatmode? I just had lots of fun slowing down tech development and changing the speed of the turn counter ( and resetting it every so often ) but it looks like I won't be able to do this or kick back and play god with the map revealed and watch the computer players go about their business. I just hope it's good enough that I won't miss that......
                A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

I agree with Faboba. The more turns, the better. Eventually I played ordinary Civ II games as scenarios. That way I could slow down science rate (to 100/10) and increase game turns (using months). I always disliked the "speed" in a normal Civ game. You barely have time to build any ancient units before Gunpowder, and musketeers don't last long, either. The modern age simply arrives too fast for my tastes.

Comment

And I thought it as just me. I've played dozens and dozens of games, but I probably stop more than half of them when I get to modern times.

Comment

Working...
                    X