Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pggar

I think that was a mistake.

Another interesting info: capturing settlers gives you two workers.
    so they'll be like the NONE settlers of past? that would be awesome if you had two workers you didn't have to support.

i always saved my extra settler for work all game
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Originally posted by d_dudy

so they'll be like the NONE settlers of past? that would be awesome if you had two workers you didn't have to support.

i always saved my extra settler for work all game
      That brings up another interesting point. Since they did away with supporting with shields, do we still need to support settlers with food? Actually, I believe they said they did away with home cities all together, which means we would only support settlers/workers with gold.

Comment

In the article is said that ZOC have been eliminated. Is this for real? AFAIK only ancient units lost their ZOC.
        Visit Gamacather (GC)!

Comment

Originally posted by Pggar
          In the article is said that ZOC have been eliminated. Is this for real? AFAIK only ancient units lost their ZOC.
          Hmm, I must of missed that part of the article. I read somewhere that ZOC now had to do with movement, but this may have chagned. Maybe the reviewer just didn't notice it and assumed it was out?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJH
            Maybe the reviewer just didn't notice it and assumed it was out?
            I think the reviewer missed a lot of things. He got the Wonder numbers all mixed up, and that ZOC info seems to be wrong. Last we heard was that units with more than one movement had a ZOC.

One piece of interesting news (assuming it's right): Rivers run around spaces, not through them. This would mean units can't use them like roads anymore. I'll miss that feature.
            Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

I like the feature that "When you move a settler unit, you're shown the effect that building a city in that particular square would have on your national boundaries."

In SMAC, I found it a little annoying to try to estimate via squares where to place the city to maximize effect with the AI player's boundary, or how to maximize a particular terrain attribute acquisition I was after. It was very annoying when I would estimate wrong.

I know boundaries and true resource squares in CIV III will play differently from SMAC, but I expect there will be times when I will appreciate this little feature when deciding where to place the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Falconius

I think the reviewer missed a lot of things. He got the Wonder numbers all mixed up, and that ZOC info seems to be wrong. Last we heard was that units with more than one movement had a ZOC.

One piece of interesting news (assuming it's right): Rivers run around spaces, not through them. This would mean units can't use them like roads anymore. I'll miss that feature.
                Hmmm, that's interesting because I remember in another thread people were discussing how a river gave access to a resource as well as a road, this information was gathered from a screenshot. Perhaps both tiles around a river get this benefit?

Comment

That brings up another interesting point. Since they did away with supporting with shields, do we still need to support settlers with food? Actually, I believe they said they did away with home cities all together, which means we would only support settlers/workers with gold.
                  Yup, the article mentions that there is no more food upkeep for settlers. (Finally, a rule change that actually helps the Republic... )
                  We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

Comment

This is interesting as well...

The old Senate that interfered with decisions in republics and democracies has been eliminated, but the war weariness model takes government type into account and provides a similar constraint to decision-making in these societies.
                    I hope this is better than the "flip a coin" type desicions the senate made. That was very annoying when they invaded you, got a couple of cities, then asked for a cease fire to regroup.
                    It would be nice if this kinda sorta mirrored what happens in EU, with discontent increasing at a certain rate based on government type as wars drag on and on and on. That would force the player to make adjustments based on the government type instead of the government type inflicting decisions on the player.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                    X