Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Gamespot screenshots

Some interesting stuff here -

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Thanks for the post Stuie.
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Thanks, the screenshots from the final version of the game look awesome!

Comment

Forests on mountains! Yay!

Still no snow-capped mountains unfortunately.

Comment

Cool, this is what I see.
          1. Once and for all is the rumor about elephants connected to polytheism gone.
          2. a new Montezuma for ixnay to work with.
          3. you see the bombardment range of a catapult
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
            Forests on mountains! Yay!

Still no snow-capped mountains unfortunately.
            We have known for long that forest can appear on any terrain suited for forests.
            And you should be able to create snowy mountains with the editor if you like to, but why?
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Pembleton
              Thanks, the screenshots from the final version of the game look awesome!
              Those are old screenshots!!

Dan
              www.firaxis.com

Just kidding.... It's nice to finally see some screens posted that aren't several months old.

Dan
              Dan Magaha
              Firaxis Games, Inc.
              --------------------------

Comment

Couple things I noticed:

American F-15 has the ability to perform Precision Strikes (along with all Stealth units). Cool.

The mountains do not have snow caps (some were wishing they did) and still don't look all that great to me - they don't flow together. Reminds me of the mountains around Phoenix AZ, they just sort of stick up here and there.

The maps look pretty full by just after 0 AD. Doesn't look like there's any room for new expansion. Maybe that's a function of the map size in play, though.

The shots are 800x600. Sorry, I know I keep harping on that, but why can't we see the game full size (1024x768)?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Dan
                  Glad you're having fun, Dan!!

Comment

Those early steel-wool looking forests have apparently been replaced by something that looks far better.

Comment

I just noticed... the science rate for despotism is 90%... no limits? Unless they used the editor already.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
                        Good one. You had me there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                          Couple things I noticed:

American F-15 has the ability to perform Precision Strikes (along with all Stealth units). Cool.

The mountains do not have snow caps (some were wishing they did) and still don't look all that great to me - they don't flow together. Reminds me of the mountains around Phoenix AZ, they just sort of stick up here and there.

The maps look pretty full by just after 0 AD. Doesn't look like there's any room for new expansion. Maybe that's a function of the map size in play, though.

The shots are 800x600. Sorry, I know I keep harping on that, but why can't we see the game full size (1024x768)?

Snow-capped mountains are in the game, but they were added relatively late in the game so websites with older screenshots don't have shots of them, and I guess Gamespot just didn't get a shot with them in.

I can't speak for Gamespot, but the reason the ones on Civ3.com are compressed is mainly for navigation -- we didn't want full-screen images popping up everywhere, especially when we don't know if the browser has enough desktop resolution to comfortably display the image or not.

Dan
                          Dan Magaha
                          Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by shum00
                            I just noticed... the science rate for despotism is 90%... no limits? Unless they used the editor already.
                            It is my understanding that the science rate cap was removed from all governments in the default game. You can still set rate caps in the editor if you want, but the default state of the game is to allow you to max out science no matter what government you're in (except anarchy, of course )

Dan
                            Dan Magaha
                            Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

The Eisenstein city screen shows a population of 305000. The population increase steps from Civ2 have been changed then.

Was this already known?
                              "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                              - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Working...
                              X