Positive info on Manual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drake
    Is mp an extra or is that part of the complete game?

oops....let that slip....

Extra
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

In that case:

Manual: extra (10 dollars)
      Tech tree poster: extra (5 dollars)
      jewel case: extra (1 dollar)
      box: extra (2 dollars)
      pdf manual: extra (2 dollars)

Uh oh, looks like theyre going to have to tack on a few bucks to make a "complete game"

I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

MP is not in face it. The rest is included, except the tech tree. You will need to pay $10 extra, but you get a nice tin can thrown in
        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Oh ive faced it

I'm just pointing out how absurd it is to think a game is incomplete without a silly manual and not incomplete with the ability to play online games...thats it

Comment

drake,

Why is it absurd? At least 80% of ACS'ers don't play MP games. We can't care less about MP.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No empathy my friend. Not a drop.

Manuals are for chumps anyway. One learns the game by playing it, not by reading about it.

Comment

Re: Warning to Firaxis.

Originally posted by Asesino_Virtual
                I just wanna warn Firaxis: if u dont include a full size, paper manual, i will buy a pirated CIVIII. I will but the original game becouse the manual, i dont wanna PDF manual, except as backup of the paper manual.

Firaxis, u were warned. ¬ ¬
                _
                Do you even read threads? Dan has now stated - twice, mark you - that Civ3 will include a full, paper, 235 page manual. Kapish?
                The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by drake
                  Manuals are for chumps anyway. One learns the game by playing it, not by reading about it.
                  That's only partially true, at best.

You can never be a good chess player or bridge player without reading LOTS about your game.

I suppose the same applies to Civ. I just can't imagine someone playing it by trial and error only, without any prior knowledge of the game.

Maybe it depends on the kind of person you are. I am very much a top-down person. I like to read manuals, grammars, books on bridge bidding systems, etc. They provide an overview which enables you to learn a game, or a language, faster. If I want to know what diplomacy or trade in Civ 3 is about, the first thing I'll do is read what the manual has to say about it. Armed with that knowledge, I will start playing.

I don't feel a "chump" for wishing to read about the new concepts and rules in Civ 3. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Comment

Sorry old b...just frustrated with people

I think stuff I read on the forums is 10x more helpful than anything I ever could have read in a manual. Yeah i scanned it when I first bought the civ 2 game, but one can only truly become skilled in something with experience.

Its like thinking one can be a black belt just by reading a book about karate

Comment

You know what, I think people are looking for an excuse to whinge even if there isn't one. If you use a thicker DVD box that I have seen some games come in, you can easily fit even a fairly large manual in there
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You know what, I think people are looking for an excuse to whinge even if there isn't one.
                        You don't say

Comment

It is great, that there will be a physical manual. Printing out 236 sites what an idiotic idea.

Comment

Working...
                          X