Plea for a Modern Age Screen-of-the-Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plea for a Modern Age Screen-of-the-Week

Come on Dan...Please...Please stop tempting us with industrial screenshots. How about a full-fledged world war screenshot in the modern age? Tanks, mech infantry, fighters, bombers, battelships and all.

PPPLLLEEEAAAASSEEE

I think Dan Magaha might give us a screen shot of an army. That will probably be his focus.
    Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
    "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

The games out in a few days....can't you guys just wait
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

A world war would involve armies

That or how about the espionage screen. Anything but another city screen/city-view/palace/wonder-built screen.

Comment

Originally posted by drake
          I can't I won't be getting the game for weeks because otherwise I won't be able to finish out the semester or get work done in the office. The whole "being able to support myself" may be over-rated, but if I don't do that I won't be able to afford Civ3 anyway.

Comment

Second that plea. I want to see what those tanks look like "in the field".
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by drake
              For you it's a few weeks, spare some sympathy for those of us with a month still to wait. But I'd like a modern shot showing the seige of a city with air power in use and tanks/infantry ready to roll.

David
              "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

OK! How modern do you want it?? And you want it 1024x768?

OK! These are NOT from the final release, but at least they give us a glimpse of the Modern era.

Just don't forget to say "Tanks" to civfanatics.com:

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

HERETIC!!!! HOW DARE YOU MENTION THE NAME OF THE GREAT EVIL IN THIS HOLY PLACE!

seriously though, why haven't those showed up here before? where did they come from?
                  And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Thanks, Stu

I hadn't seen some of those screens before.

Comment

hmm, an archer in the same screenshot as tanks? These are some pretty good shots, and show how creative the Firaxians are with city names.

Comment

Working...
                      X