Scenarios included: Should be the next dev. update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenarios included: Should be the next dev. update

Firaxis are saying that they will give us more info about scenarios soon, but i heard somewhere that the next developer update is going to be about the external game editor. Just before the release is a good time to speak about Scenarios, unless they can do 2 dev. updates. I doubt they will still release 12 scenarios, but maybee some more special scenarios for multiplayer games.

Has anyone heard anything new about scenarios in Civ 3? It seems Firaxis havent said much more than they have about about multiplayer.
    Alex

Multiplayer???? What Multiplayer??? Civ3's supposed to have multiplayer? That's news...

Comment

I suspect that any plans to release the game with a significant number of predesigned scenarios were shelved when they decided to ditch multiplayer and aim for their early release window. Its difficult to write scenarios in advance of the game being close to completion and the beta phase was very short.

I'm hoping for some good maps like a world map with civ-dependant starting locations, a map of Europe and a map of America. I would be surprised if we got good quality specific period pieces like a WW II or Rome scenario. In a way this would be in keeping with the 'back to Civ I' trend, with the emphasis being on playing the original sweep of time game.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

They must put scenarios in the game, I would just like to now which ones
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I never played scenarios much. Just liked the normal game better. Gradually building your own empire. Not redoing history, or historical battles, but creating a new world by your standards!
          Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
          If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
          "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Are there scenarioes included

Any thoughts or speculaton to scenarioes being included in the initial release
            "What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."

Comment

Yeah, they said there would be, but they didn't give a number.
              Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwalker
                They must put scenarios in the game, I would just like to now which ones
                why must they put scenarios in ??? surely civ 3 will be good enough as it is without scenarios... i hope they do MP before they bother with silly Scenarios !!!!
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Importance:

MP: 85%
                  Scenarios: 10%
                  Editor: 5%
                  Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
                    Importance:

MP: 85%
                    Editor: 5%
                    For me it's more like:

Editor: 85%
                    MP: 5%

I'm looking forward to a much improved map editor, and I might even make scenarios, which I never bothered with for Civ 2 because it was so much trouble.

To each his own!

Comment

For me it's more like:

Editor: 85%
                      MP: 5%
                      For me is more likely

MP:99%
                      Editor:0.99%
                      Scenarios:0.01%

I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

simple

MP 100%
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                        X