Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SinglePlayer - MultiPlayer or in between ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love multiplayer games, especially civ, but it's so much trouble to set it up, find someone to play with etc., and besides I don't have a decent Internet connection (yet). In fact, despite CTP was generally lousy, I had my best gaming experience ever playing multiplayer CTP over the Internet.. I actually laughed and laughed... all the plots and deals and broken promises.. the caht feature was of course essential. So if CTP can be good, just imagine how good CIV will be! Multiplayer is the ultimate thing, but it takes very long (you must prepare a stock of food and keep beside your computer) and it's difficult to find several people that can set aside 20 hours at a time. And in CTP I found that it was very difficult balancing the game rules in order not to ruin the game with too much waiting, i.e. setting time limits per turn, size and things like that. Hotseat could be an option if you just get a mate over to play a game.

Fred

Comment

I can't give an objective vote because it will depend greatly on how good the AI is. If its appalling then the game will be returned to the shop fro a refund before I ever try MP. If its terrific then I won't need to MP much. If its good enough to keep the game but bad enough to be uninspiring then I could be 90% multiplay.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

80% MP 20% sp

sp is ok, but it gets boring after a while. i have more fun at MP despite the cons (turn length and difficulty at setting up continue times)
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I chose 100% SP. If the AI is good, I don't want much MP. It's time consuming, and not that good. I might have been 90% SP, though, but I liked 100% more. If only the AI is good.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

PLEASE ...

... KEEP ON VOTING
            AND MAKE A LITTLE REPLY FROM TIME TO TIME
            TO KEEP THIS POLL UP IN THE "VISIBLE" FRONT

That is of course only if you are curious too !

Thanx for responding

Take a load of Fanny, take a load for free,
            Ahhh, You put the load right on me !
            The Band

Comment

Wow! I am still the only person who voted 40%-60% S-M.

I am very special

Comment

80-20% S-M for me. And that's probably biased towards MP because I'm hoping I'll enjoy it more than I currently do.
                - mkl

Comment

THIS POLL IS FOR ALL CURIOUS AND CIVILIZED PEOPLE ...

HEY ; KEEP ON VOTING AND
                  (SOMETIMES) REPLYING !!!

THANX AGAIN
                  The Band

Comment

VOTE , VOTE , VOTE and reply - please ...

Well , since there are 12025 members at Apolyton
                    I only need 11942 more votes ... Thanx in advance !

The Band

Comment

20% S + 80% M
                      I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

I think with the advent of faster computers and much faster and more stable internet connections a MP option in any game is essential for success. People in genral who don't like MP games either have slow computers,56K connections or a lack of skill in the game. To learn an AI pre-determined play sequence is about as challenging as using a calculater to do math in multiples of 100. Of course if your the kind of person that enjoys car racing alone,then MP is not for you
                        100% MP and proud of it!

Comment

i was striclty an sper in civ2, but i hope to become an mper in the civ3 community
                          And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

i would ahve said 99% MP
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

90%-10% Sp-Mp.

I've never played a MP game. Didn't wanna pay for Civ2 MGE, just to get MP. But, OTOH, I will try MP for Civ3 when it comes out (if it doesn't cost to much ).
                              My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
                              My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                                Me either...it's just hard to imagine what else they could be hyping. ???
                                I voted "80% S + 20% M : Actually MP is interesting , but lacks certain refinements !" because I'd love to play multiplayer...but I can't play direct-connect (LAN / Internet) games due to time considerations, and I simply can't face the idea of another two-year-long PBEM.

Yin, I can imagine something...I'll be shocked and amazed if it happens, but it would make me so happy -- asynchronous server-based simultaneous turns. See http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum28/HTML/000343.html#5
                                for details.

Comment

Working...
                                X