Will be possible to modify the AI???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will be possible to modify the AI???

Yeah. I wonder if would be possible to change the AI, i mean, those who know how to program in C/C++ could change/add some code of the AI source code,and in this way, improve the AI strategies. Coz sooner or later, we will find the way to fu*k the AI.
    Ye
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

I'm just curious to know how the AI will adapt to the changes we make.

I mean if we add a new type of Gov will the AI use it, or just ignore it cause it's not in it's programming?

Is it able to learn - if you attack at one point everytime will it learn to put troops there?
    A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Yeah, the key is the capability of learning of the AI. With a really good learning capability, extra programming would not be necessary.

Ye
      Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
      Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Oh, so you want to make the computer go from dumb to a little less dumb?

<MP lecture>
        If you really want a challenge, play someone with a brain
        </MP lecture>
        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Drake, I prefer a good AI with whom u can play at any moment. Ohhh but of course, u wanna play with chicks...
          Asesino_Virtual

Comment

It's too bad that AI can't remember previous games and keep that in memory. Although the AI is allegedly able to learn from past experiences, I believe that those are experiences that you've done during the same game.

Hey Dan... can we get Soren (spelling?) in here so that we can discuss more about the learning capability of the AI. I'd like to know how it learns, whether it can store our tactics in a file, and whether it can adapt.
            Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
            "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Based on the editor, you should be able to increase what the AI starts with and, I would guess, any ongoing boosts during the course of the game. This will help the AI 'seem' tougher.

However, Firaxis has already said that Modders will not have the ability to use any SLIC/Macro style of options to boost the AI.
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Drake, I prefer a good AI with whom u can play at any moment. Ohhh but of course, u wanna play with chicks...
                Hey guilty as charged man

Unlike some of the geeks around here I'd rather be with a woman than play civ

No offense to the people in that crowd

Comment

Chick <-------- noooooo nooo A_V, please, not THAT!!!
                  Me: yeah yeah, here u are, bi*ch! come get some!!!
                  Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Youre a real charmer as well as a diplomat i see Av

Comment

Yeah, I think the most important question there is whether the computer will be able to use anything you add via the editor. Be it governments, or units, or .. I dunno, new terraforming options. The computer needs to use them otherwise you're just editing for your own advantage (or disadvantage if you're truly bored)

Comment

It seems you can't make it more intelligent unfortunately. You may be able to toggle all the civs to adopt the prewritten attitudes that turn out more successful (apparently the civs will have different attitudes to start with) and give them more stuff. Giving the computer advantages is not the same as improving the AI.
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grunthex
                          Yeah, I think the most important question there is whether the computer will be able to use anything you add via the editor. Be it governments, or units, or .. I dunno, new terraforming options. The computer needs to use them otherwise you're just editing for your own advantage (or disadvantage if you're truly bored)
                          Yeah, that's my worry too, especially since I'll be adding some governements. New Units are easy, just pick what type of unit you are creating and then just obscelete the same type unit before it. E.g. tank obsceletes cavalry - once mobile warfare is discovered you can't build cavalry anymore. Great way to force the AI to change. So if you add hovertanks - set them as the same type as tanks, and obscelete tanks. Or at least that's how I did it in Civ2...
                          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
                          X