Cruise Missiles and Nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Missiles and Nukes

Safe to say they'll work the same as air units? In that you don't have to move them along the tiles, but simply designate a target within their operations range and watch it fly off?

S.

Provided there are no nearby buildings with big red crosses on top. That tends to confuse them
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
      Provided there are no nearby buildings with big red crosses on top. That tends to confuse them
      I am trying very hard not to laugh a little at this. It's not funny, it's not funny. Maybe if I keep telling myself that.
      Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

These terrorists intentionally killed thousands of people and we got people getting in a huff because we injured a few people and burned a couple loaves of bread that we surely had provided them in the first place anyway. The US has given more aid to Afghanistan than any country in the world. It was nothing but a regretful yet insignificant incident.

Next time we'll hit our target dead on right in the heart of a civilian population. Maybe then some people would be impressed by our accuracy. Right grummy?
        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I'll hold my tounge...
          Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

Actually, the only person injured was a guard. And the supplies
            ----
            "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Let's stay on topic.

Comment

Sorry pods.....

I would hope missiles and airplanes would function the same way as they did in civ2 with the exception of bombers getting hung up between turns. And the "moving" of missiles. I mean, you cant fly them from one continent and land them in another

A bomber should be able to make his single drop and return to base in a single round......missiles should be able to be transported in any cargo carrying unit and only should be able to be launched from either a mobile unit or a specifically equipped base.

I think the target thing is a neat idea sorta.......but I atleast want to be able to watch the target being hit.....

Comment

Originally posted by drake
                  Sorry pods.....

I would hope missiles and airplanes would function the same way as they did in civ2 with the exception of bombers getting hung up between turns. And the "moving" of missiles. I mean, you cant fly them from one continent and land them in another

A bomber should be able to make his single drop and return to base in a single round......missiles should be able to be transported in any cargo carrying unit and only should be able to be launched from either a mobile unit or a specifically equipped base.

I think the target thing is a neat idea sorta.......but I atleast want to be able to watch the target being hit.....
                  I have to second that. It would only make sense since they changed the aircraft.
                  The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by donarumo

I am trying very hard not to laugh a little at this. It's not funny, it's not funny. Maybe if I keep telling myself that.
                    I know I'll be flamed for saying this, but the original thing it'self was pretty funny at first before it sank in.

I mean - terrorists fly a plane into one of the world trade centres? Yeah ****ing right.

Then they do it do the other one too

Are the planes cesnas? Nope - They're big **** off jumbos ( which are pretty funny in themselves - big fat planes )

And then they finish off by attacking the pentagon - but what do they attack? The Navy, who mean no harm to no one.

I thought it was a very weird joke when my dad phoned to tell me about it.........
                    A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Hi Faboba,
                      do you know the proverb:
                      "Si tacuisses philosophus mansisses" - If you would have been silent, you would be still a philosopher"

Comment

Sounds about right cyril

Comment

I think, that the nuclear war would be approached more like they did in CtP. What I want is that you target the nukes, and press launch. And then BOOM. What I don't want is to "fly" them around like in Civ2.
                          Flying is for the cruise missiles.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'd like to just select the attack icon, click on the target and see the game handle the movement of the plane/missile to target, conduct the attack (and return if an aircraft). The navigation to target tile by tile is unneccesary provided we don't have out-of-city autofire AA units that we need to steer around.

OT to Drake: I find it ironic that our modern satellites can spy trucks visiting warehouses to pick out a potential target but not the colour of the roof paint. Looks like the aid agencies need a different arial recognition method. No criticism implied of our war effort. Its a job that has to be done. Working in a potentially high risk UK institution I would be foolish to condemn the efforts made to ensure our safety from terrorism.
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Gee, I wonder if we'll see hordes of AI cruise missles coming out of nowhere again
                              - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                              - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                              - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Working...
                              X