What is The IMPI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is The IMPI?

I thought that Firaxis said that the Impi is an upgraded version of the warrior with an extra mouvement point. Now, assuming that the civ of the weeks are moving in order or GA (roughly) that would mean that the Zulus have a GA around the 19th century. So does that mean that

(a) The stats for the Impi have changed
    (b) The stats are the same and its gonna get killed by the conscripts
    (c) maybe some bonus (like 500%) against units which require saltpeter
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Dan Magaha has said that there is no "order" to the Civs of the Week. He has stated in the past that he tries to just pick one that we're not expecting.

So, the Impi is still an ancient unit. They'll probably hold off on the Zulus until after the game is released. At this point they should be focusing on generating "excitement", so we should be seeing the English and the Americans over the next couple weeks ('cause where is the game being released on October 30th........?).

Then again, Dan is full of surprises.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
      Then again, Dan is full of surprises.
      He is an enigma wrapped in a puzzle enshrouded by mystery.

And an all-round cool guy.
      Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

BTW I hope the Zulu riflemen are black...In Civ 2 they seem to hire white mercenaries...
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
        X