Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check "The List" Against the Game!: Volunteers Needed (All of Poly Welcome)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, it would be a huge work to even read this thread completely...

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
      I just want to say that, assuming the AI is competent enough to handle it, this resource support model is one of the most outstanding improvments of the game (again, assuming it was implemented well).

A BIG round of applause to Cap and the other guys who came up with it.

"blushes"

Well the resource based model is a step in the good direction but I had hoped that it would be tied in with the trade system (e.a only cities that receive those resources directly or by trade can build specific units. I know exactly why they did it: gameplay issues. (which is a good thing). It makes things far easier to keep track of but I do hope that resource squares (not those classic squares for food/shield bonus etc) are rare. If they're spread around as in Civ2 we'll have special resources coming out of ears and not much places to trade them with (as other civs will have those resources too).

It could become an issue once the initial excitement has died down though. This is exactly the sort of thing people would gripe about: "Waaaah, the Civ3 resource model is unrealistic! How can one resource square supply the entire empire!?". Whilst forgetting it's just a game, not a full historic simulation.
      Last edited by CapTVK; October 18, 2001, 16:40.
      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

-=*BUMP*=- (as some people are asking about this)
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by Jusbaummer
          Wow, it would be a huge work to even read this thread completely...
          Lazy newbie?
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Yin,

Could you do an analysis of the "If just one idea?" list and results. Would make a nice column. would not be as arduaous as the results of the complete list.

Comment

Yin- and now we have an official spot for Civ IV ideas to be compiled
              If it gets too large I think I'll start multiple threads- do you want to help out?

The thread is entitled:

Civ IV: The List

-->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

yin... the more i read your post... the more i think that whatever career u are in is the wrong one.... u should be a professional beta tester... kudos on the great post again

Comment

It would be a good idea to restart this with a fresh thread, Yin.

In particular, I'm interested in the cheats. What was/wasn't fixed. Any remaining "easy to fix" cheats?

Comment

Working...
                  X