Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How man "religious" buildings are there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How man "religious" buildings are there?

Having the "Religious" characteristic allows you to build religious buildings at reduced cost--

What buildings are considered "religious"?

Now, I haven't played Civ 2 literally in over 3 or so years (collective gasp) so my memory is a bit rusty here... Here is all I can think of:

Temple
    Cathedral

Does this include wonders? I'm going to assume it does, and I know that each Civ3 wonder now has distinctions given to them, so if 1/6 of all the wonders are "religious" then that means approx. 5-6 wonders will be religious (2 Great Wonders, 3-4 small wonders).

I guess that is a significant benefit, but am I missing other improvements? Do you think it includes any improvement that makes unhappy people content, or do you think it includes any culture-producing improvement (probably not, otherwise it'd be too powerful).

We really haven't heard anything much on new improvements. Though there have been screenshots for temples and cathedrals. I hope Civ III has more improvements but I don't want anything like CTP...

What I want is a more advanced religion system so that you actually choose a type of religion, it's values, monotheistic or polytheistic, that sort of thing. But I know Civ III doesn't have that. Maybe Civ IV.

With the new nationality aspect, I think it would be cool that new citizens in conquered cities would not be happy if the temple there was built before the conquering (because it's not their god). That way you would either sell the old temple (YOUR RELIGION SUCKS) and build your own (YOU WILL WORSHIP OUR GODS) or maybe have two temples, though obviously at increased maintainence cost.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I would have to say that "religious buildings" include:

1. Temple
      2. Cathedral
      3. Most likely an additional (currently known) religious building

IMO, the big plus of having a Religious Civilization is the effect of #2: No Anarchy Between Governments - It's like having the Statue of Liberty from the beginning of the game!

Comment

Where did you all get this information from? I wanna know. Ive never heard any of this before.

Comment

The cistine chapel will undoubtedly be classed a religious wonder ( i.e can count toward your golden age ) but I wonder ( no pun intended ) if it will count as a religious BUILDING in the sense of reduced building costs. Same goes for SETI if it's still in ( which it's not, but you know what i mean - a science wonder )
          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
            IMO, the big plus of having a Religious Civilization is the effect of #2: No Anarchy Between Governments - It's like having the Statue of Liberty from the beginning of the game!
            Though hopefully that's not what the Statue of Liberty will do anymore But yah, that's a great advantage for the religious players. The church holds the country together in times of trouble, neat!

And Jad, all this stuff can be found at www.civ3.com

GO THERE
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Civ-Specifics

Originally posted by jadlakha
              Where did you all get this information from? I wanna know. Ive never heard any of this before.
              Go to the Civ3.com site and click on the "Developer Update" button (left-hand side of the screen - below the Downloads section). Then look for the drop-down window called "Previous Updates." Select "Civ-Specifics. This will lead you to the Civ Specifics Abilities. Then just click on the "Civ-Specific Abilities Table" and viola!
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Well I would expect in terms of city improvements, there is just the temple and cathedral, although I wonder whether, for the intents of gameplay, whether the colosseum is classed as a religious building?

Also, I wonder if this bonus will extend to the construction of minor wonders that are religious in nature...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                  i bet that that religous civs will switch governments at the drop of a hat for war.

just like the ai with pyramids/statue of liberty did
                  Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

How about a Templar Knights unit?

We really haven't heard anything much on new improvements. Though there have been screenshots for temples and cathedrals. I hope Civ III has more improvements but I don't want anything like CTP...
                    CTP got very cluttered indeed.
                    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

If it encompasses all the buildings that make your citizens happy, then the colosseum would also be a 'religious' building.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        If it encompasses all the buildings that make your citizens happy, then the colosseum would also be a 'religious' building.
                        Most religions don't advocate mass bloodshed and violence (expcet during the crusades (and when crazy people get access to money...))

Comment

Well, the Romans used the Colosseum to feed religious people to lions...
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                            Well, the Romans used the Colosseum to feed religious people to lions...
                            I think you just proved my point

Comment

Working...
                            X