This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for more active moderation?

With the tension mounting as Civ 3 nears release a lot of inappropriate posting is going on. More swearing and personal attacks than usual and quite a lot of off topic material since arguing about new features to add to the game (or the same old ones) is no longer worthwhile.

Would you like to see the moderators intervene more actively to move off-topic conversations, lock abusive posts or give overstressed posters a holiday?
    Yes, they are there for a reason and we should be made to abide by them.
    55.00%
    Freedom of speech is more important
    45.00%
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

(no comment)
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I haven't experienced the developments as you describe them as such a big problem. Hence I do not think that much moderation is in order.

On the other hand, with all the newbies here (like me), maybe some symbolic moderating actions would make sense, just to give them an idea of what the rules are, and that they are actually enforced etc.

Comment

Re: Time for more active moderation?

Originally posted by Grumbold

Would you like to see the moderators intervene more actively to move off-topic conversations, lock abusive posts or give overstressed posters a holiday?
        Markos has closed the "A late complain" topic,
        so it looks like they have tightened the control.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

several threads were closed so i see no reason to tighten it.
          most of the posting here is and will be pure spamming until the game is realeased....but all civ3 is crap threads should definitely be collated into a big one.....

Comment

Ha! That sig somehow seems so much funnier now than when I wrote it!
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I believe I can't vote, as I am a mod .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Freedom of speech is more important

There's NO WAY it should be even more tighten
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                  I believe I can't vote, as I am a mod .
                  you mean administrator ?

Comment

I guess I'm just nostalgic for the days when I could come here and see a screenful of topics that I really wanted to talk about.

I don't want mass bannings but some effort needs to be made to abide by the board rules or change them. I might have guessed Markos would start locking threads the minute I posted my first ever poll
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

If we stop talking about what would be better, what should be and the functionment of this and that because Civ III is allready out, all what will stay is futile stuff that I don't even take a look at...

If it's not for beeing implemented in Civ III, it'll be theorical or for expansion, simply.
                      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso

you mean administrator ?
                        Yes, but doing mod job often . Sometimes, at least.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

are you daring me to make a "which civ games have you played" in the ot and also have a "none" option? - Markos Giannopoulos, 08.07.01.
                          sorry this is a little OT, but I just noticed that line...

I did that ok, it wasn't in the "OT", but in "other games"...I wonder why nobody choose the none option
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

oh okay solver. hope you do not apply mingoid standards (bikini is 'nudity' etc although i see no such danger here

Comment

Yes, but doing mod job often . Sometimes, at least.
                              "Once" would be an even better description. "Twice" if you count warnings.
                              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
                              X