Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    I think it is nothing but a crease in the paper
    But not when you consider that there are 2 (or three) squares of pollution in that screen. On a related note, i hope that the pollution is more obvious than it is in that screen - only after someone else pointed it out did i find that second square of pollution!!
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Certainly not instantly identifiable on the busier tiles. Trying to find it on a railroaded jungle time could be tricky. Then again the tiles are much bigger in the game.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

i don't know what it is but the black stuff on the mountain is the same shape as the other stuff. pollution seems a reasonable guess

Actually I think there is an altogether more feasible explanation for this, and a rather dull one. I remember when these screenshots were scanned out of a magazine. I think it is nothing but a crease in the paper

the lesser deity of spam has spoken. cease your speculations before he strikes us all down with massive lumps of spam
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

It looks like two hedges with the shadows on the side facing us.

To me at any rate, it looks like some kind of raised surface with shadows.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Agreed, provost
            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Those "snake things" are hills
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I don't know what the black lines are, but I know they're from older screenshots then the AVault preview and here's two screenshots that almost defenitely do show pollution

#4 - Sucky English Lands yet building Space Ship? (London pollution)
                #5 - Spying on the French (Tours pollution)

Also, on the Tours screenshot, at the very far right, you can see half of another pollution tile. It's gotta be pollution. What else could it be? Maybe it's animated

Comment

Yeah, Serapis, that definitely looks like pollution. Probably, the one I originally posted was from an old screenshot.

Comment

I'd say that those black lines are just shadows of the hills, which were drawn too dark, so they look like pollution or something. Those are just hills.
                    XBox Live: VovanSim
                    xbox.com (login required)
                    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                    Spore page

Comment

No idea what that is, but looks too indistinct to be pollution.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Maybe there are different types of pollution?? It couldnt be a mistake, seeing as there are 3 tiles with the black squiggles on them.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Maybe they are shadows from the massive interstellar spaceship being constructed 20 miles overhead!
                          Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Working...
                          X