Is this pollution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this pollution?

I was looking through the screenshots when I came across one with a blackened up tile. Looks like pollution:
    Attached Files

Pollution or Oil maybe?
    "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks & stones". Albert Einstein
    "To Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"- Homer Simpson

Comment

Not oil, I attach oil.

It really look like some black clouds. It must be pollution.
      Attached Files
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Ok, I hadn't seen the oil graphic.
        "I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks & stones". Albert Einstein
        "To Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"- Homer Simpson

Comment

hey, i think you're right. that's gotta be pollution
          Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

its pollution or a glitch in the graphics (but i would put my money on it beging pollution
            Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Could very well be. That city is huge and it's the industrial era.
              "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
              "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

My vote would go for pollution as well.

Comment

Actually, it's a modern age screenshot, which is something we've seen little of. The date on it was 2000 AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
                    Actually, it's a modern age screenshot, which is something we've seen little of. The date on it was 2000 AD.
                    Yah, that definetley looks like pollution! Great find

Really, that's a modern screenshot, where'd you get it? And do you think you could show us the rest of it?
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

If you look very closely, the mountain square on the bottom left of that screen shot snippet also appears to have pollution.
                      Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that square had pollution too, but I wasn't sure since it could be the shadow of the unit or something else.

It's the 2nd row, 3rd column on this screen:

Comment

THEY'RE GIANT BLACK SNAKES!! AND THEY'RE HEADING FOR THE CITY! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Comment

These snakes will probably be animated, no?

It will be lovely to watch plumes of black smog floating around my city tiles

Comment

Actually I think there is an altogether more feasible explanation for this, and a rather dull one. I remember when these screenshots were scanned out of a magazine. I think it is nothing but a crease in the paper
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X