Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many turns would it take to have a 3 tiles radii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many turns would it take to have a 3 tiles radii?

Yeah. Ive seen the resources tutorial, and when the city has 5 population, its radii increased 3 tiles. I think would it take about 40 turns?. They had build a temple. How many CP the temple provides???
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

Re: How many turns would it take to have a 3 tiles radii?

Originally posted by Asesino_Virtual
    Yeah. Ive seen the resources tutorial, and when the city has 5 population, its radii increased 3 tiles. I think would it take about 40 turns?. They had build a temple. How many CP the temple provides???
    Okay, were back to the terminology confusion created by CTP2. I know you know it, but I'll say it anyway: city radius doesn't increase in Civ 3.

Culture imporvements increase national boarders out from a city dependent on how long they've been there. So the vaule of a Temple increases over time, and the calculation behind your question becomes less clear. Sorry.

IMO, keep building more culture improvements/wonders until you get the border you want and deserve.

David
    "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

As for the question I have no idea, sorry. Probably one of those things you'll have to wait and see. Though for the record it is impossible to have not achieved it after 1000 turns if you are still alive as the palace generates 1 cp/turn.

As for the reply he's reffering to city radius in the border sense. He didn't really imply otherwise so you haven't answered his question at all.

As Mao Tse Tung says ( oh go on...... it really does look like him dunnit? )
      A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Crouchback
        I know you know it, but I'll say it anyway: city radius doesn't increase in Civ 3.
        A newly established 1-pop city starts out with having access to only 8 surrounding shield/food/trade tiles + the city-tile itself. Check out this Settler Survey for proof. Only after a certain city-size (it seems), you get full access to the max 21 (food/shield/trade) squares.

The Culture-borders however are something different - as you mentioned. A newly established 1-pop city starts out with no culture-borders at all. You get expanding culture-borders with time and added cultural city-improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Faboba
          As for the reply he's reffering to city radius in the border sense. He didn't really imply otherwise so you haven't answered his question at all.
          It was this line that made me worried:

Originally posted by Asesino_Virtual
          ... when the city has 5 population, its radii increased 3 tiles...
          AFAIK population growth has no effect on borders or culture. Hence my clarification

As Mao Tse Tung says ( oh go on...... it really does look like him dunnit? )
          Your right it does, but this one looks like George W.

David
          "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

well, with city radii i was refering to cultural border, ooops, little mistake!
            And with the 5 pop, i wanted to reflex the pass of the time (turns)
            Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
            Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Hey wait a second...

No, I think the city radii DOES indrease with population... I think I saw on the Civ3 site a tutorial in the Developer's News section that a new city only has the one city square radius.

I'm gonna go check it out again.
              "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Nope, didn't say much about CITY radii, just cultural...
                "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

it was already stated that in the resource tutorial, the culture border grows much faster than it normally does..

What!?! You mean you DONT read every topic every hour of every day here? DOWN WITH THE HERETIC!

And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Working...
                  X