• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad news.

No Demo.
    No Multiplayer. (till now)
    Less number of civilizations.
    No wonder movies.

Although all we know the new improvements of Civ III, there are some limitations, even before the game is released, that is a bad sign.

Armies, bombarding, leaders and an extensive diplomacy were concepts that CTP and CTP 2 had, so they are not very original in Civ III.

We all know CTP and CTP2 had other concept of the game, and from my point of view they were horrible to play because of the lack of balance.

The impressive sea and space colonies won't be in Civ III, armies will be restricted to the owning of leaders, ... Also there will be less terrain types than in CTP and CTP 2.

But I am optimist, I trust Firaxis will publish a lot of interesting add-ons and patches, new units, civs, scenarios, maps, mods, rules ... which will open the possibilities to the infinite, like in Civ II was did.

Who thinks like me?

--- Hey Dan, did a cat eat your tongue? ---
    Yes, and I am pretty angry.
    21.43%
    No. I will survive without those useless things.
    78.57%
    «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Not me. I think Firaxis, as they admit, are focussing on the SP game and this will be a great experience, which as you mention CTP and CTP2 weren't.
    You are young ..... but you will learn.

Comment

I haven't seen any news about the game that I consider "bad". So I guess I won't vote.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

No Demo - No need. There will be reviews of the game for those that can wait till the 'New Game' syndrome has worn off, or warez for those that cant wait.
        No Multiplayer - I play SP. I do feel sorry for the MP only people though.
        Less number of civilizations - But they are not all generic civs with just a different name. Quality, not quantity.
        No wonder movies - and im glad they're gone
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Where is the "Yes, but I can handle it" option?
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Less number of civs? Aren't we at 16 per game?
            The ice was here, the ice was there, the ice was all around: it cracked and growled and roared and howled like noises in a swound!

Comment

The only bad news is some of the tribes Firaxis chose to include. The retail price isn't exactly good news either.
              "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
              --

Comment

precisions

I don't really care about the demo since it's not the game itself. I'm not really judging the game for someting that's not in the game. Even if a demo may be cool for those who do not get the game, but it has no influence on the game.

Secondly, I think it's a good thing to not have "wonder movies". Reasons? Same as Firaxis. I think that in this case, they made what was best. It'll only be a little less space on hard drives.

MULTIPLAYER: Well there is the problem... I like playing against people. Should it be in any game, I like playing against people more than AI.

So I'd be between the two choices of votes here.
                Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Yes, yes, less civs.

Where are those "granujas" Mongols?
                  And the glorious Spanish?
                  And the Carthaginians, the Vikings and the Celts?

And there are no Incas or Amazonic tribes to fill South America in the bad distributed Civ World.

I agree, no demo is not a problem, and no multiplayer is a problem which will be solved.

But what makes me really angry is the fact that the good things of the others are partially in CIV III, making CIV III only partially superior and it has to be the BEST.

When I heard about the project of CIV III I thought it will be released in 2002, and when I noticed it will be released this year I thought it couldn't be possible. Now I know the lack of time is the cause of those all problems above.

To sum up, CIV III will be uncomplete because it has been released too soon in time.
                  «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

As long as it's better than Civ2, I'm happy
                    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Okay there is no demo, no mp, no movie wonders.
                      But an the other sidee there are cool new feature: better graphic, culture, a better trade system, a resource system, you can play with more civs at the same time. And a good thing that there no delay like many other games.
                      My resume: The positive news are really dominating. I am happy, especially when I will have a copy of the game to play

Comment

Less Civs? I don't mind having only 16 Civs since I can have them all present in one game

I am looking forward to this... the Cossack looks cool
                        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

So what?

It's a civ game by Sid Meier and I have faith in him and Firaxis.
                          The greatest generals in history didn't use war simulations, they just played Civ 2

An old saying goes "For every language a man knows, he is that many times a man"
                          Therefore, George Bush is half a man.

Comment

I am not disappointed that there is a limited number of civ's from which to chose from. I hardly played some of the civ's that were in civ2.

The wonder movies not present doesn't bother me that much either. Although it is nice to see a wonder movie the first time you build a wonder the novelty wears off after you have seen it 3 or 4 times. But that's just my opinion.

MP or lack thereof. Now that's a different problem. I would settle for hotseat but I don't think even that is available. However, no MP is not going to stop me from buying the game. And you know that if a multiplayer addon or patch becomes available many of us would probably be willing to shell out money for it.
                            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoleus
                              Less number of civs? Aren't we at 16 per game?
                              Less civs overall

Comment

Working...
                              X