Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no wonder the firaxians can't beat the game on diety!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no wonder the firaxians can't beat the game on diety!

They don't know how to play the game! check out this pic. . 940 a.d. and they're still using despotism as a government! lol!!

Attached Files
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Either the game is really hard on that level or Despotism actually has some advantage. Either way is good.

Not to mention they have 0 gold and are gaining 0 gold a turn.
    And they're still only up to Map Making on the tech tree and by the looks of it they won't get that tech for quite some time.

Something tells me this isn't a mid-game shot...

What does that 492 represent??? Culture maybe? Dan!
    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

well my guess is that this game was just to get the screen shot. . they weren't "trying" to win here

even if not, like i said, it's the "you lose" screen shot, so presumably, they either had one city, or none, (depending on when and how that box gets updated) . .
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Apparently chieftain is easier than in Civ 2, and diety is harder.
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
          well my guess is that this game was just to get the screen shot. . they weren't "trying" to win here

even if not, like i said, it's the "you lose" screen shot, so presumably, they either had one city, or none, (depending on when and how that box gets updated) . .
          Yeah, I'd have to agree, they probably purposely failed to give us a screenshot of how that looks.

Comment

Re: no wonder the firaxians can't beat the game on diety!

They don't know how to play the game!
            But they can play it better than we. Hah!
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

its DEITY, not diety. sorry, this was the umpteenth time i saw this misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                its DEITY, not diety. sorry, this was the umpteenth time i saw this misspelling
                Well that just ruined it for me. I was thinking if I played it over the winter i'd have six pack abs by swimsuit season
                The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

It's pretty easy to lose intentionally.

Disband your first combat unit, and don't build any
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

oh yeah? I bet I could lose FASTER than anyone here, that's how awesome I am!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, civ3 is probably easier to loose than ctp2....
                      Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                      If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                      "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Originally posted by campmajor!
                        Well, civ3 is probably easier to loose than ctp2....
                        Is it even possible to lose in ctp2? lol.
                        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Re: no wonder the firaxians can't beat the game on diety!

They don't know how to play the game! check out this pic. . 940 a.d. and they're still using despotism as a government! lol!!

I got the impression that the screens at multiplayer.it were from a game played by someone at that website, not a Firaxian. Perhaps they jumped the gun posting images from their review copy - or maybe they weren't given any restrictions against posting.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

Is it even possible to lose in ctp2? lol.
                            We had to mod it a bit, but I think I can say it is now possible
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Re: Re: no wonder the firaxians can't beat the game on diety!

Originally posted by Stuie

I got the impression that the screens at multiplayer.
                              That could be true, because they have been working
                              on MP since August.
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                              X