First game report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First game report

Just checked out the "report" down at civfanatics. Not much to report really. Just standard game reviewers fluff, only about three paragraphs of it, not saying anything.

I nominate Bernd Brosing for his beautiful scenario Imperium Romanum! Good job Bernd! ------------------ Civilization God of War & Economic Prosperity http://www.civfanatics.com Staff and forum moderator Well, it must be close to the Armageddon. Lord, you know that I wonÂ’t...
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Liked this quote:

"Got my butt kicked on the lowest difficulty level. "

We'll be hearing that a lot in the coming months. Damn amateurs!
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
      Liked this quote:

We'll be hearing that a lot in the coming months. Damn amateurs!
      Many of us will be "damn amateurs" in 2-3 weeks. I doubt anyone will win the 1st game they try to play!

Comment

Liked this quote:

Hehe...n00b......for the rest...not a very interesting review...

Comment

Re: First game report

Just checked out the "report" down at civfanatics. Not much to report really. Just standard game reviewers fluff, only about three paragraphs of it, not saying anything.
          Be nice if he would have said something substantial. This is more like a non-review.

What did he like most about it? What did he like least? And why?
          What surprised you most about it? These are the kinds of things that should be discussed in a review.

We need a real reviewer to do a real review.
          Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopper

Hehe...n00b
            We'll all be n00bs for the first few games .

After that, the true players will begin to show their stripes . . .
            "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Re: Re: First game report

Originally posted by Falconius

Be nice if he would have said something substantial. This is more like a non-review.
              Well the fact that he had to print the manual is a bad omen for the DVD-case version.

Comment

He probably gets his ass kicked in civ2 chieftain too...

Comment

I could have said the same thing without the game.

Comment

put two and two together

Comment

Firaxis has to give us an advanced copy for reviewing. We will show them whats a REAL review is!!!!

Long live to Apolyton and its people!!!
                      Long live to CIV!!!
                      Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
                      Asesino_Virtual

Comment

cool!
                        "Oderint dum probent"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: First game report

Well the fact that he had to print the manual is a bad omen for the DVD-case version.
                          They got pre-releases from Firaxis/Infograms, but have an agreement that they will not post a review until Oct. 22nd. This is mentioned later in that thread. We'll probably see a lot of reviews all over the web in a little over a week.

There is a post somewhere around here about the manual that comes with Civ III. It sounded like a REAL manual is included. They probably just weren't available yet for the media pre-release so they sent them an electronic version of the manual instead.

Comment

Working...
                          X