Where are all the Firaxians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the Firaxians?

Now that the game has gone gold you'd think they'd have some free time to post here. But no! Are they that busy playing Civ3 that they can't even find a few minutes to post here? Even Dan rarely gets off his lazy butt to post here, hell he only manages to update the main site once a week or so. Well I've had enough! I demand Firaxis starts posting some cold hard facts about Civ3 right this minute.
    Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

of course they're playing the game! they spent like 2 years working on it, why can't they celebrate some?

and don't call dan lazy
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

if theyre not working on multiplayer then i'm going to hurt them.

but realistically, they just put a game out, im sure they get a little break.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I'd like to see them come on here as well, but I can bet that their doing some of the following:

1) Getting some much needed rest;
        2) Staying away from the forums just to keep things a secret before the release of the game... if they came on here, they might accidently say something that they are not supposed to;
        3) Preparing response strategies regarding feedback, and getting ready to create patches if needed;
        4) Working on marketing their new product;
        5) Working on multiplayer;
        6) Working on an expansion pack (maybe with multiplayer support);
        7) Playing CIV III (those bastards!)
        Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
        "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Re: Where are all the Firaxians?

Originally posted by Executor
          Now that the game has gone gold you'd think they'd have some free time to post here. But no! Are they that busy playing Civ3 that they can't even find a few minutes to post here? Even Dan rarely gets off his lazy butt to post here, hell he only manages to update the main site once a week or so. Well I've had enough! I demand Firaxis starts posting some cold hard facts about Civ3 right this minute.
          listen executor, it is very improper to insult dan like that. it is not his job to post on these forums. he was more than kind to share what he knew with us. so please spare us from outright insults like that one

Comment

i think its related to marketing issues.. they are intentionally hiding information about the game making us more and more and more curios, pumping up the sales..

Comment

Now that the game has gone gold you'd think they'd have some free time to post here.
              the game going gold doesnt mean they have free time to response to kind posts like yours....
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

The fact they're just playing the game is a good thing. Means it's a really good game!

And anyway, I'd rather not know all about the game before it comes out. the anticipation is one of the best parts! 16 days...
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

They might be all on holiday - with Sid playing golf for real
                  The ice was here, the ice was there, the ice was all around: it cracked and growled and roared and howled like noises in a swound!

Comment

Re: Re: Where are all the Firaxians?

Originally posted by MarkG
                    the game going gold doesnt mean they have free time to response to kind posts like yours....
                    I'm buying the game the day it arrives, is it too much to ask for some information beforehand?
                    Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

They've given the press copies of the game and in about a week we will have more reviews than we know what to do with. For reasons of their own they (the publishers, not necessarily Firaxis) have insisted on no earlier reviews. So anyone that should get advance insight has already got it. With the tensions running through the forum at the moment its a wonder Dan has posted anything at all on here lately since he more often gets abuse than thanks for doing so. If its not been posted on Civ3.com or here already then resign yourself to not knowing about it until an official review mentions it or we get our hands on the game.
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Where are all the Firaxians?

is it too much to ask for some information beforehand?
                        it depends on how you ask
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where are all the Firaxians?

Originally posted by MarkG
                          it depends on how you ask
                          In this thread, I was expressing my discontent at the lack of updates, not asking any specific questions. And I doubt my opinion will matter in the long run.

Comment

Maybe they're already working on a patch?
                            You never know, these days it seems common for games to be released with alot of bugs who can even wipe out your Win9x system files (PoRII) or destroy your Win2K system (AO)...
                            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                            In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Beaudoin
                              I'd like to see them come on here as well, but I can bet that their doing some of the following:

1) Getting some much needed rest;
                              ...snip...
                              Hopefully they are spending some time with their families. People outside the software industry sometimes don't appreciate just how much someone's famility has to sacrifice when there's overtime, late nates, weekends, etc. lost to work. I for one wouldn't blame them if they all took a week or two off and enjoyed having their lives back for a change.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                              X