Rate of Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate of Fire

In the Civilopedia picture of the Stealth Bomber ( http://www.multiplayer.it/show.php3?...00/s_img15.jpg ) there is something called "Rate of Fire". Is this the replacement of Firepower? We do know that HP is gone, so is this firepower?
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Hmm, don't know. But what I have heard is that aircraft don't function like they have in the past- they exert an 'operational range' around them instead of acting like fast moving ground units. ROF may be related to this.

Comment

Don't know about stealth bombers, but battleships can bombard once for every movement point they have (4x). Could be the same thing.

David
      "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

It could be the number of times it is allowed to bombard per turn...

Comment

Re: Rate of Fire

Originally posted by Bill3000
          We do know that HP is gone...
          Hit Points aren't gone!

Comment

RIght, or else how could armies pool them?
            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Re: Re: Rate of Fire

Originally posted by Fiil

Hit Points aren't gone!
              I meant HP as the amount - it matters on if they are green, Veteran, Elite, etc.

In Civ2, Warriors would have 10 HP, Armor 30 HP, etc.
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Hey Bill, a brilliant discovery, not only have you discovered an interesting concept relating to battle but you have also being able to confirm a new resource in the game; alumin(i)um...

Nice one, are there any more screenshots at this site, I would like to investigate!!!
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hey Bill, a brilliant discovery, not only have you discovered an interesting concept relating to battle
                  Sorry, PH, but you are incorrect on this one. Well, I can't seem to find the thread in which this discovery was made but I do know that the thread was started around August. Lockstep is the one who made the discover first. I just thought that credit should be given to the correct person. You know I'm not lying because what would be the benefit of that?
                  However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
                    Well, I can't seem to find the thread in which this discovery was made but I do know that the thread was started around August. Lockstep is the one who made the discover first. I just thought that credit should be given to the correct person.
                    I guess you are referring to this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=23695. BTW, thanks for the compliment TechWins, but it was mostly speculation back in early august that hitpoints had changed and firepoints were gone. The matter became more obvious when civ3.com went online, and the first unique units stats showed only attack, defense and movement points.
                    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

. BTW, thanks for the compliment TechWins
                      You are most welcome. The only reason why I remember that discussion is because I was the one discussing it with you. Good job on being the FIRST one to figure it out.
                      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Rate of Fire

Originally posted by Bill3000
                        I meant HP as the amount - it matters on if they are green, Veteran, Elite, etc.

In Civ2, Warriors would have 10 HP, Armor 30 HP, etc.
                        Dan mentions in a thread at Civfanatics* that an advantage of Elite units is that they have more Hit Points:
                        • Green: 3 HP
                        • Veteran: 4 HP
                        • Elite: 5 HP
                        And that Elite units spawn Great Leaders.
                        (Of course, these might be multiplied by 10 as computed in combat).

*Civfanatics: Civ3 General Discussions - Civ of the Week: Russians

Comment

So does this mean they have more hitpoints added to their basic number derived from the unit type?
                          I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
                          LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
                          civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Originally posted by LoD
                            So does this mean they have more hitpoints added to their basic number derived from the unit type?
                            No, it means that their basic number is the same (3), and the units differ 'only' in attack, defense and movement.
                            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

So am I wrong or the only difference between a Green Tank and a Green Warrior will be their ADM ratings?
                              I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
                              LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
                              civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Working...
                              X