Alright, POSITIVE MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not willing to pay more MP

I would like to see how many of these people proposing "AN Expansion Pack for $30" are actually MPers or are jsut SPers who want the Addons... MP sohuld be released as a DL patch for those who already own the original. Any one wanting more scenarios civs etc, should then get the "Expansion pack for $30"

Keep MP separate from any "Expansion pack"
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I am mainly a PBEM MP guy. It is the only way to make it work for the schedule that I keep. So the suggestions I have are to make PBEM more enjoyable and more effective.

1. Central site. Give us a place to put our names on a list for potential games. Sure Apolyton and others will do it, but having the central server would help the amount of games going on and lead to some other features.

2. Automated send and download. The central server should be used to store games. When you load your copy of Civ3, the game automatically checks to see if any new turns are waiting for you. The game then downloads, you play, and it automatically uploads to the server. Painless to allow games to continue fairly fast.

3. Time Limits before AI plays turn. Using a central server, a time limit can be placed, say a day or 36 hours for a turn to be played. If it is exceeded the next player get't to play his turn after the AI plays the turn for the person who lost his time.

4. LAN Start. Since the early game is the longest, with many turns dedicated to exploration and founding a city, it takes a short amount of time when playing together but a long time through email. A great solution would be to allow the game's first 20 turns to be played in a LAN or Internet game of simultaneous turns or whatever is used before switching to PBEM style game for the remainder of the game.

Well there are a few of my ideas for PBEM MP. Hopefully Firaxis does have some interesting ideas for the genre. Time will tell.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Re: Not willing to pay more MP

Originally posted by Rasputin
        I would like to see how many of these people proposing "AN Expansion Pack for $30" are actually MPers or are jsut SPers who want the Addons... MP sohuld be released as a DL patch for those who already own the original. Any one wanting more scenarios civs etc, should then get the "Expansion pack for $30"

Keep MP separate from any "Expansion pack"
        I see where you're coming from Rasputin, and Yes, I AM one of those few MPers.

But you have to keep in mind the track record of Sid's past creations:

1. Civilization (SP only)
        - Later released: CIVNET (MP at an additional cost)
        2. Civilization II (SP only)
        - Later released: CivIIMGE (MP at an additional cost)

and now Civilization III
        - Later to be released: CivIII (MP - you can bet dollars to doughnuts at an additional cost)

I concur that a free downloadable MP patch would be great, but it's not going to happen.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I am still being positive in this post and I am positive that MP will be apart of a Civ3 Expansion Pack to be released next sping.

Comment

As a sidenote, I'd like to mention the fact that there was a Sid game with multiplayer included from the start - Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

Alright, positive feedback:
          A good idea would be to include multigeneration, a la Stars, as an option for PBEM games. That would an alternative for TCP/IP acceleration.
          I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
          LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
          civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba

What do you mean by 'full art'?
            animated leader pics, fully animated units etc. essentially adding 16 more civs to the game
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by LoD
              As a sidenote, I'd like to mention the fact that there was a Sid game with multiplayer included from the start - Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.
              thats not a sidilization game, thats a sida sidturai game.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
              X