Cultural victory- tech dependent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultural victory- tech dependent?

I wonder if a cultural victory can only be obtained 'after' a specific technology has been researched, or not.

The reason I ask is because in Alpha Centauri, some of the victory options weren't available until specific techs were discovered.

I don't think so directly, but you can probably not reach that high without having some important culture techs.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Thinking about it now, having a cultural victory will probably be very difficult. You'll have to blitz through the tech tree to get every culture producing building as quickly as possible while also building several wonders in one cities. Doesn't look like it will be achieveable until late in the game, especially on higher difficulty level where getting wonders will be extremely hard, given that you can't ship in shields in the form of caravans.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        I don't think so directly, but you can probably not reach that high without having some important culture techs.
        I would think that if you have enough cities with the buildings from lower techs (temples, libraries, etc.) and have built a majority of the ancient wonders, you would probably have a shot at a cultural victory without running up the entire tech tree. But we shall see............
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
        X