Is the Civ3 Forum dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Civ3 Forum dying?

It seems to be getting slower and slower over the past weeks.

Any reason? or am I wrong?
    be free

What do you mean by slower?
    Longer loading times or longer times to wait for reply?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

sorry, I meant less posts, threads, just seems to be more viewing than anything else, I don't remember civ3 forums being like this
      be free

Comment

I guess there hasn't been too much really new info to chew over.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

the last 10 days the forums have constantly over 2000 posts, hitting 3000 posts on thursday

somehow i think the posts in the civ3 forum have increased in a similar manner
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I believe it has been more posts per/day since civ3.com opened. But the most posts are made around eight PM GMT.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

oh see now thats why, I am away during that time
              be free

Comment

During the week I log on for a while about the same time every day. There is always at least one page of "new reply" threads
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Maybe it just seems that its slow here because im logging on here 2 or 3 times a day
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Slow or not, things will explode once the game is released!
                    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Actually, I was feeling the same way about the forum for the last few days, mainly because of the outburst of posts and threads on multiplayer, which I don't care about as much as many other people here do.

Comment

Originally posted by Wille
                        Slow or not, things will explode once the game is released!
                        I would have thought the opposite, with everyone playing rather than posting 'n' all.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch

I would have thought the opposite, with everyone playing rather than posting 'n' all.
                          Good point, we'll just have to see what happens.
                          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Posts will increase, but content will decrease. Posts like

Just started game 3 with zulus. Just built Impi. Report back soon.

Will be common.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. In just 17 days, civ3 will be released and this forum will "explode" with activity.
                              'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                              G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
                              X