Can Great Leader be captured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Great Leader be captured?

Now we know that GL is a unit 0/0/3. And we know that unit can be captured. And it's possible that GL can be captured. But what will happen after it's captured? It's lost or it can work for the capturing civ?
    It will be a interesting thing to watch out. Say when you spend several elite unit, fight battles to spawn a GL. then you lost it to your enemy before it can run back to home city. Make sure you are not using a iron mouse, or your monitor are in danger
    Last edited by sekong; October 12, 2001, 16:42.

Hmm, maybe enemy may want ransom for your great leader?

Comment

Or your Great Leader goes to work for the other side. Like Benedict Arnold, first Colonel of the US Marines, went to work for the British... He just saw sense.

David

Ohhh, I'm a warlord. How fitting.
      "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Me?

Chieftain --> Warlord

Right now!

Comment

That reminds me on that CTP2 Defense of France scenario with same options when you capture the leaders.

Comment

Then the question is: is that Benedict Arnold a great leader? Maybe not. We need a better example :=)
            Ransom? maybe. But it said: GL have to go back city un-captured. Well, we have to wait (

Comment

Hmm, I never played CTP2. And it seems to be good.
              I tried SMAC tho, it was nice, at least better than CIV2 to me
              So bad that they are working on the base of CIV2, not SMAC.

Comment

I hope they can be captured. That would be logical and cool.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

You should be able to capture them and then blackmail the civ to buy them back.
                  It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Wille
                    You should be able to capture them and then blackmail the civ to buy them back.
                    Isn't that how capturing Barbarian diplomats worked in earlier games?
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

Isn't that how capturing Barbarian diplomats worked in earlier games?
                      Yes, like in Civ1 & Civ2!

Comment

Kind of, but not that simple. You should barter with the civ in question for compensation. Nice touch in MP ( if there will ever be one that is ).
                        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

If you don't give as a 2000 gold your leader will be put to DEATH!

Comment

Originally posted by player1
                            If you don't give as a 2000 gold your leader will be put to DEATH!
                            Yeah that's what I had in mind, and not only gold but everything from techs to cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Crouchback
                              Or your Great Leader goes to work for the other side. Like Benedict Arnold, first Colonel of the US Marines, went to work for the British... He just saw sense.
                              We all know who got smacked down in the end!
                              Silly redcoats, might as well wear a flashing neon sign into battle.

Comment

Working...
                              X