Do you think Alt+Tab is good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gramphos

Jag har allt en riktigt bra återförsäljare .
    Svårt att hitta nått på svenska
    Das Ewige Friede ist ein Traum, und nicht einmal ein schöner /Moltke

Si vis pacem, para bellum /Vegetius

Comment

I liked civ 2's windowed mode since other programs could work easily alongside it, but I guess full screen is ok IF the alt-tab works smoothly. Many times with other games the colors or something got messed up when I alt-tabbed or I couldn't alt-tab to the desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
        I liked civ 2's windowed mode since other programs could work easily alongside it, but I guess full screen is ok IF the alt-tab works smoothly. Many times with other games the colors or something got messed up when I alt-tabbed or I couldn't alt-tab to the desktop.
        It really doesnt matter to me if a game came with windowed mode options, but only so long as multi-tasking (Alt+Tab) works smoothly.

With Alpha Centauri it was possible to task out, but those color corruptions would be present. I hope the desktop looks normal when tasking out of CivIII.

Comment

It will be useful because you will not close the game while looking e.g. for hints.

Comment

Why would you need hints for Civ?

I consantly change my MP3 playlist when playing Civ2, I don't want the game to corrupt when I alt-tab out of CivIII
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
              ...Many times with other games the colors or something got messed up when I alt-tabbed...
              I have never seen that, I have only seen that alt+tab actually made the colors work again. like in the game RollerCoaster Tycoon the colors got messed up everytime I saved a game, to make the colors work again I had to alt+tab out to windows and then back in again.
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Sometimes when alt-tabing from DOS games I have problem with both colors and sound. But I believe that Civ3 will be better then that
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I would prefer to have full-screen rather than stick Civ 3 into a window - as long as i can alt-tab out if need be.

Since Firaxis have explicitly stated that Civ 3 is alt-tab friendly, i dont see any problems
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                  X