Do you think Alt+Tab is good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Alt+Tab is good enough?

This image shows an Alt-Tab window. Do you think you can handle it, or will you never leave the game until you close it?
    I can handle it, and I love to do so. :D
    65.79%
    I can handle it, but I'm disappointed with it. :(
    15.79%
    I can use it, but I'll not do that. :mad:
    7.89%
    Alt+Tab, never heard of it! :confused:
    10.53%
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

i imagine that would make it difficult for using icq if playing a tribe game, but since there's no MP yet that point can be addressed later. Alt-tab should suffice for those playing SP
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
      i imagine that would make it difficult for using icq if playing a tribe game, but since there's no MP yet that point can be addressed later. Alt-tab should suffice for those playing SP
      But you know that they might (most likely will) release MP later. The only thing that scares me right now is if SidGolf gets MP from start

Comment

if Sidgolf gets MP then i swear on my life i am rioting. multiplayer. sidilization III needs multiplayer. multiplayer. in my opinion sidgolf should be scrapped, and civ 3 finished. multiplayer.

multiplayer.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

but back on topic, i guess ALT+TAB could work ok. multiplayer. i play other games like that. multiplayer. for example, CS or Starcraft. multiplayer. a turn based game, single player :COUGH COUGH:, should work fine fullscreen. multiplayer. it also serves to minimize the worlds influence on you during the game. multiplayer. like AIM/ICQ/HUMAN INTERACTION. multiplayer.

multiplayer.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Where is the Thank God option in this poll. All windows programs, games especially, should support Alt-Tab for those vital moments when the boss walks in. Why else put up with widows at all.

David
            "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by Crouchback
              Where is the Thank God option in this poll. All windows programs, games especially, should support Alt-Tab for those vital moments when the boss walks in. Why else put up with widows at all.

David
              I knew I should have made another option.
              I miss that F5 - BOSS KEY that draws some graphs on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                if the mps any good at all it should have an ingame chat system. dont worry about it
                And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Most everybody should know my position from a recent thread of mine "What the Hell". For those of you who don't, I can handle it but I'm very dissapointed. Actually I don't know if I can handle it because it was very annoying in EU when my music constantly screwed up on my PC. But I would imagine Civ3 will be less frustrating.
                  However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                    The only thing that scares me right now is if SidGolf gets MP from start
                    WHAT??? Where did you read that?

Anyway, back to the topic, the alt+tab thing, I properly wont use it often...but when I have to use it there wont be a problem from my side
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

I never read that it is from one of my nightmares. (That is what the are for)

Anyway, back to the topic, the alt+tab thing, I properly wont use it often...but when I have to use it there wont be a problem from my side

I think that is exactly how I feel. I maybe will use it a bit more to post here, but nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

I never read that it is from one of my nightmares. (That is what the are for)
                        Hmmmm...the only thing I can read from my nightmares is civ3 will only be released with danish translation in Denmark

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                          Hmmmm...the only thing I can read from my nightmares is civ3 will only be released with danish translation in Denmark
                          My retailer always keeps the English version of games only in Swedish.
                          Jag har allt en riktigt bra återförsäljare .

Comment

My retailer always keeps the English version of games only in Swedish.
                            You're lucky

Jag har allt en riktigt bra återförsäljare .
                            I gotta admit, my swedish is a little rusty these days

Comment

In CTP2 & CTP it was painfull to do ALT-TAB in the mid-game.
                              It's requirement were 266hmz 32 MB RAM.

Since CIV3 has similar minimal requirements and my
                              comp. is 333Mhz with 64 MB RAM, I think it whould be better for me to:
                              -Add additilonal 128 MB of RAM.

Comment

Working...
                              X