• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot of the week: Histograph

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

I checked that out when I answered the trivia. It is hard to see how mush points one civ have, but I believe it is a quite good way of seeing how good you are.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Great shot! There's more information there than meets the eye!

Like, I'm wondering... there's a simultaneous pike in the graph, in between 2000BC and 1000BC... I'm wondering what occured? Did everyone suddenly discover an important tech, or where maps suddenly shared?
      Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
      "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Beaudoin
        Like, I'm wondering... there's a simultaneous pike in the graph, in between 2000BC and 1000BC... I'm wondering what occured? Did everyone suddenly discover an important tech, or where maps suddenly shared?
        Looks to me like the Aztecs spiked, and everyone else just got pushed to the right to make room. Then the Aztecs faltered and the Greeks expanded, so the Americans and Aztecs got pushed to the left as the Aztecs declined, the Greeks widened, and the other four Civs on the right remained somewhat constant (as the Greeks took over the space previously occupied by the Aztecs).

So in summary - this type of graph is difficult to read!!
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Beaudoin
          Great shot! There's more information there than meets the eye!

Actually it seem to me as the player (Aztecs) made something very important and pushed away the others (as each row represent 100% of the total score.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

Actually it seem to me as the player (Aztecs) made something very important and pushed away the others (as each row represent 100% of the total score.)
            Wish I could have put it so succinctly.

Ooh, yippee, I'm a warlord now. :|
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

As somebody must already know coz a thread that i posted and "someone" closed,... we waited all the week for such a bad picture.

Dan...
              Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
              Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

Ooh, yippee, I'm a warlord now. :|
                Contratulations Stuie, welcome abroad!
                Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
                Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Bad picture?! It's a great picture!

It's nice to know things like histographs are in!
                  In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                  In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Originally posted by Assur
                    Bad picture?! It's a great picture!

It's nice to know things like histographs are in!
                    We already knew that. We have seen a histograph before.

Comment

From screenshot :
                      Score is used to determine the winner when time runs out.
                      Your overall score is the average of you scores on each turn
                      it's better than the old score system, but it is done per turn, and we all know there are a lot more turn late in the game the early in the game (though that can probably be edited).
                      Being bigger late in the game gets you a higher score, so Civ's with a late CSU have a greater chance of winning the game based on score.
                      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

The histograph-screen (same as demographics, i guess) has both graphical and numerical feedback, and its seems to be much more fleshed out that the SMAC-equivalent.

Good.

By the way: Anyone else curious about those dropdown-menu alternatives? Perhaps some Firaxian could post a 1-line listing of them. I guess that the Score-section changes subsequently for each Show-alternative?

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy

it's better than the old score system, but it is done per turn, and we all know there are a lot more turn late in the game the early in the game (though that can probably be edited).
                          Being bigger late in the game gets you a higher score, so Civ's with a late CSU have a greater chance of winning the game based on score.
                          "being bigger late in the game" does not necessarily get you a higher score. Score is calculated as an average of your relative power throughout the entire game. Thus, if you were a small isolationist civ for the first half of the game, you can't just put on a good show for the last 50 turns and expect that will make up for it.

Dan
                          Dan Magaha
                          Firaxis Games, Inc.
                          --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf
                            The histograph-screen (same as demographics, i guess) has both graphical and numerical feedback, and its seems to be much more fleshed out that the SMAC-equivalent.

Good.

By the way: Anyone else curious about those dropdown-menu alternatives? Perhaps some Firaxian could post a 1-line listing of them. I guess that the Score-section changes subsequently for each Show-alternative?
                            You can view the histo by score (an overall computed average, factoring in pretty much everything in the game), power (essentially military strength), or culture (self-explanatory).

Dan
                            Dan Magaha
                            Firaxis Games, Inc.
                            --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                              We already knew that. We have seen a histograph before.
                              That older screenshot wasnt the in-game Histograph - it was the after-game Summary Replay. I agree though that they are very closely related.

Comment

Working...
                              X